NEWBIE question - attaching a Take Profit Order

I've just discovered MQL4, and I am reading the documentation ;-)

The doco says: "Stop Loss and Take Profit orders (described below) can be attached to a market order." When I open a market execution order the 'Take Profit' field is 'greyed out'.

How do I attach a Take Profit order? Do I have to open a separate order and "attach" or link my TP order to it?

Thanks to all in advance...

Iluvatar:

How do I attach a Take Profit order? Do I have to open a separate order and "attach" or link my TP order to it?
right

Iluvatar:
"Stop Loss and Take Profit orders (described below) can be attached to a market order." When I open a market execution order the 'Take Profit' field is 'greyed out'.
  1. Do NOT open another order. In stock market, you close an order by opening others in the opposite direction (OCO.) The Mq4 model has the take profit (TP) and stop loss (SL) as part of the current open order.
  2. On non-ECN brokers you can open the Instant Execution order with the TP/SL values.
  3. On ECN brokers you open the Market Execution order with no TP/SL. THEN right click on the order and modify with the TP/SL.