multiterminal.net - is it legal?

hi all,

the software multiterminal.net connect directly to mt4 servers and allows trading with multiple brokers (with no running instances of mt4) - is it a legal software? am i allowed to buy it?

thanks.

johhny:

hi all,

the software multiterminal.net connect directly to mt4 servers and allows trading with multiple brokers (with no running instances of mt4) - is it a legal software? am i allowed to buy it?

thanks.

Does it still work since June 1st ?

they claim it is. it's the equivalent of an mt4 server api.

johhny:

hi all,

thanks.

Hi johhny,

I never hear anything legal like legal suit from MetaQuotes, and it's been there for sale for so long, so I think it's OK.

i would like to hear someone from metaquotes approve this software. due to the latest enforcements by metaquotes to disable build lower than 416, i would assume they don't wish anyone using such a software.

also, how did they create an api? that would require decrypting the protocol? isn't that illegal by definition?

johhny:

i would like to hear someone from metaquotes approve this software. due to the latest enforcements by metaquotes to disable build lower than 416, i would assume they don't wish anyone using such a software.

also, how did they create an api? that would require decrypting the protocol? isn't that illegal by definition?

Ask the people that you want to buy the software from . . you will be able to tell a lot from their reply, or lack of reply . . . I notice that they haven't updated their site much since 2010 . . .

yes, they haven't, but they've started spamming sites with this product a few days ago, claiming they fixed all issues and can connect to servers with build 416 and upwards.

they also say over 100 signal providers and over 15 brokers use their software.

demo attached - working great with no running instances of mt4, so they must have decrypted/reverse-engineered the mt4 protocol.

here's a copy of their text:

We have prepared the upgrade of PowerTradeCopier software that fixes the last problems with MT4 servers. New version of software is able to connect and trade on all MetaTrader 4 servers both new an old ones) without errors.
Fully compatible with MetaTrader 4 build 409 - 419

-Provider Mode allows you to copy all trades from master account(s) to any number of slave account(s) over the internet;
-Different types of money management settings;
-Clients can be located at any location worldwide and receive trades over the internet without delay;
-Trades can be copied from any MetaTrader 4 account including investor password accounts;
-Master and slave accounts can have different account balance;
-Allows clients to choose master account(s) to receive trades from;
-Detect currency name suffix automatically;
-Reverse Trades technology will help you turn your loosing trading system or EA into a winne;
-Take Profit and Stop Loss Multiplier technology;
-You can choose which currency pairs you want to trade and those you want to ignore;
-You can copy pending orders as they are or only when th
ey gets triggered on master account;
-All trades are copied without latency;
-Copier is very fast because based on API;
-Can copy trades between different Forex brokers;
-Compatible with all Forex brokers including ECN, DD, 4 and 5 digit brokers;
-Does not require to run and keep running MT4 terminals;
-Compatible with all Windows OS versions;

-Works just as well on VPS as it does on any computer.

what api are they talking about? am i missing a mt4 server api publicly available?

johhny:

here's a copy of their text:

what api are they talking about? am i missing a mt4 server api publicly available?

Why don't you ask them . . . your posts are starting to look like a continued attempt to advertise their product . . .

i did ask, they won't tell anything about how it works, only say it is legal software and their own development.

i'm definitely not trying to advertise it, just want to hear from metaquotes if it's legal software or not, or if the developer can answer me here, even better.

Reason: