How to stop trading when my monthly loss over 10%?

hi everyone,

I wondering is there has a method to control my monthly loss?

for example, I'd like to set maximum 10% loss,

if I had loss 10% money of my account balance this month, then stop trading till next month.

exclude using write a file to record the account balance.

anyone can share how to do this?

thanks a lot!!!

jason3000d:

hi everyone,

I wondering is there has a method to control my monthly loss?

for example, I'd like to set maximum 10% loss,

if I had loss 10% money of my account balance this month, then stop trading till next month.

exclude using write a file to record the account balance.

anyone can share how to do this?

thanks a lot!!!

Hi jason3000d

Write AccountBalance to MT GlobalVariableSet and check with MT GlobalVariableGet and TimeMonth.

jason3000d:

To be honest, automating this seems to be an overkill. Are you really wanting to look at your account less than once a month. All you need to do is set a extern variable in your account at the beginning of the month. It makes sense on a daily basis where an EA could be trading quickly and even at 2% per trade could kill an account very quickly. But even so, I can't imaging leaving my accounts for more than a day.

onewithzachy:

Hi jason3000d

Write AccountBalance to MT GlobalVariableSet and check with MT GlobalVariableGet and TimeMonth.

thank you~ it's helpful.

dabbler:
To be honest, automating this seems to be an overkill. Are you really wanting to look at your account less than once a month. All you need to do is set a extern variable in your account at the beginning of the month. It makes sense on a daily basis where an EA could be trading quickly and even at 2% per trade could kill an account very quickly. But even so, I can't imaging leaving my accounts for more than a day.

Hm, well i for example have the live EA's running on a virtual server, all i do is reading the daily update mail, i nearly can't remember when i have logged in to the server the last time.

All that can be automated get's automated. (This for example is one loop and maybe 6 lines of code.)

Reason: