MT4 updates and chart history

Is it a fact, that applying mt4 updates wipes out all the chart history ? If it is shouldnt there be some kind of warning about this before the update installs ?

I did not update my terminal since late 2009 so I had 3 years continuous 1 minute chart history most of which was created directly from the price feed, I have just discovered all of that chart history is gone and pressing home only downloads a few months worth from the broker.

I cannot think of any other reason for this other than an mt4 update I did a couple of weeks ago.

I did an MT4 update recently and didn't lose my history. If the account name changes then the history gets left in the old folder. Try looking in the history folders rather than just reading the charts.

SDC:

Is it a fact, that applying mt4 updates wipes out all the chart history ? If it is shouldnt there be some kind of warning about this before the update installs ?

I did not update my terminal since late 2009 so I had 3 years continuous 1 minute chart history most of which was created directly from the price feed, I have just discovered all of that chart history is gone and pressing home only downloads a few months worth from the broker.

I cannot think of any other reason for this other than an mt4 update I did a couple of weeks ago.

Try closing the MT4 then re-opening, that worked for me. Good Luck

SDC:

I just check mine. I set 'Max bars in history' and Max bar in chart' to 2147483647 (unlimited), however when I open MT, press 'Home' key and count Bars(), MT only download about 65536 bars on M1 to M15 EURUSD and GBPUSD chart (even more less on higher TF). That's for Alpari UK MT 419 and FXCM UK MT 437. The size of M1 .hst files is only 2.817 KB.

:(

OK I just tested this, there is another new update, build 432 so I checked my 1 minute bars before I let it update, there was 33923, about one month history. After the update there is only 19356 (which I assume are metaquotes bars included with the mt4 installation). Pressing the home key repeatedly, retrieved some more bars from the broker but only increased the history to 32768 bars.

So updating mt4 definately did delete the previously saved chart history which is very aggravating.

Updates do not remove other saved files such as custom indicators and EA's so whats the deal with deleting the saved chart history ? Everyone knows accurate backtesting requires real chart history, I find it difficult to believe Metaquotes developers are oblivious to the that.

Reason: