Maintaining MetaQuotes history in backtest-only mt4 install?

I've got a mt4 install I use only for backtesting. Since brokers only provide a few months of M1 data I prefer to use exclusively the data from MetaQuotes, what you get from the "download" button in the history center. The problem is keeping this data updated. It will only update to the most recent date, and the only way I've found to get updates is to briefly log in with a valid (demo) account to bring in the current date, then quickly disconnect before the data is contaminated with info from the demo broker. I know mt4 keeps separate history files, but in the history center (and the rest of the program) these seem to be "mixed" together from whatever sources are available.

Is there a better way to do this? How can I get only the metaquotes data? I've tried deleting history files but this usually ends up with no history being available at all. How are others setting up a backtest-only install that has a large amount of available M1 data?

To make sure u stayed disconnected u can setup a bogus proxy -> https://forum.mql4.com/search/bogus%20proxy.

p.s. MQ data is indicative data (an average of many sources). Depending on the situation, this might not be the best data to back-test on. I recommend u search for more info (has been discussed many times).

Reason: