Metatrader reading live trading tick data from my server

Hello to everybody,

I was wondering if someone has aby idea howto make metatrader reading live tick data from my server and not from broker server. My client has access to specific CFD's trading feed and would like me to program some custom indicators based on that feed. But I need to get the metatrader reading that feed from my server and I can't find any examples or articles about this. I have programmed several indicators and EA's but something like this is a first time for me.

Could anybody point me in some direction please.

Mal3x:

Hello to everybody,

I was wondering if someone has aby idea howto make metatrader reading live tick data from my server and not from broker server. My client has access to specific CFD's trading feed and would like me to program some custom indicators based on that feed. But I need to get the metatrader reading that feed from my server and I can't find any examples or articles about this. I have programmed several indicators and EA's but something like this is a first time for me.

Could anybody point me in some direction please.

Mmm ... client eh ???, So what you've done so far beside creating some CI and EA ?.

I have several ideas though :D

I have an idea, but it is a bit complex.

Here is a period converter indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7673 (or similar: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9358). It generates custom chart, that you can open by the File/Open offline menu, and add any indicators to it. You could hack the code to use your feed instead of Mt4 data by downloading periodically from your server via tcp/ip (example: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10644).

Perhaps there is a much simpler way, if someone knows about it, then he/she will correct me.

I won't touch that WinInet from MT, coz the downloaded data must be "reconstructed" to make it readable. Unless we create some executable, it's not recommended using it from EA or especially CI, its very slow.

Been there, done that. :(

onewithzachy:

Mmm ... client eh ???, So what you've done so far beside creating some CI and EA ?.

I have several ideas though :D

Well I am a web developer this is just my hobby :) but I wouldthink it can't be that difficult to set the metatrader to read the data from the server that is not from a broker.

Mal3x:

Well I am a web developer this is just my hobby :) but I wouldthink it can't be that difficult to set the metatrader to read the data from the server that is not from a broker.

Actually it's difficult. The data were sent in/out in 128 bit encryption, and MT is locked to only sent/receive data from your broker alone, can not even sent in/out to/from other broker.

There's plenty ways to do this actually - none of them easy. The best way to do this, is just install your client MT in your computer, and read that from there directly.

:(

onewithzachy:

Actually it's difficult. The data were sent in/out in 128 bit encryption, and MT is locked to only sent/receive data from your broker alone, can not even sent in/out to/from other broker.

There's plenty ways to do this actually - none of them easy. The best way to do this, is just install your client MT in your computer, and read that from there directly.

:(

What do you mean by read that from there directly?

Thanks for the reply.

Mal3x:

What do you mean by read that from there directly?

Thanks for the reply.

My apology for the typo,

Install your client MT in your computer, then read that live tick data directly from it. No need server.

:D

And how can I do it? I couldn't find any documentation for this. Or do you mean just to import the tick data by hand in to the MT? If there is any way of doing it dynamically on my computer please let me know how.

Thanks

Mal3x:

And how can I do it? I couldn't find any documentation for this. Or do you mean just to import the tick data by hand in to the MT? If there is any way of doing it dynamically on my computer please let me know how.

Thanks

My apology again, I'll take it that your client specific CFD's trading feed isn't MetaTrader. What's your client's trading feed then ?

No I should apologize for not clearing this up. The live tick data is scraped from a payed account by a custom script. So i get the tick data from there in to my database where I can do whatever I want with it. The broker that my client is using does not support MT and my client would like to have some custom indicators programmed based on the live data. And the broker provides only a web interface for trading.
Reason: