How to display a H4 time frame SMA, in a H1 time frame graph ?

Hello,

I want to display a H4 time frame SMA, in a H1 time frame graph.

Is this possible and how?

Thanks,

Pierre8r

tintin92:

Hello,

I would think that just multiplying the H4 period by 4 would give you a reasonable approximation of what you want. If that is not good enough then your indicator can calculate the exact values using iMA and interpolate the intermediate points.

There is going to need to be some thought put in to what happens at the right edge of the chart. After the last H4 bar is complete we have 4 hours to wait for the next one. But the H1 chart is still working and closing bars. If we use the current H4 value we will be repainting the last 3 H1 bars throughout the H4 period. Two alternatives are to leave them blank or to extrapolate from the previous two H4 points.

There is also MTF indicators in the codebase

You can internalize the indicator's time frame, i mean if you have the source code then add an external code to input the time frame the indicator should be working with which is has nothing to do with the time frame you are viewing. i.e If you are on 1H TF, and you internalize the indicator's TF to 4H it will display 4H on 1H. I can help you with this if you provide the source code of your indicator.

boyoforex:
I can help you with this if you provide the source code of your indicator.
The OP said it is an SMA. How much more source code do you need :-)

tintin92:

Hello,

Thanks,

Pierre8r

Try the "All Averages" indicator. I am not sure it's the latest version, but you can choose the timeframe.
Files:
allaverages.mq4  22 kb

HELLO!

Please I have a similar problem, i want to create an EA that cheecks if the the candle is bullish on the hour time frame, minutes timeframe, and daily time frame.

THANK YOU

PRO FOREX: i want …
You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
          No free help 2017.04.21
Reason: