iCustom Return-Values Mismatch On-Graph Values

B"H

Hello there,

I have self-implemented the Bollinger bands indicator. Attaching it to symbol's graph produces exact results (I've compared them with those of the standard indicator-implementation supplied within the MT4 package).

In other words, it works perfectly fine attaching it to a graph, as its band-lines are lying exactly on top of those of MT4's standard Bollinger-Bands indicator.

BUT... Trying to retrieve indicator calculated values from an EA (using the iCustom function), wrong values are retrieved (they are valid symbol price values but mismatch those drawn over the graph).

The values returned by the iCustom function mismatch those returned by the iBands function. The latter are correct (match the on-graph Bands-drawing).

{ I have validated indicator buffer indices ofcourse. Shift of 0 is used on all calls to iCustom. }

Could anyone please indicate a reason?

Simha:

Could anyone please indicate a reason?

Your code is wrong.

RaptorUK:
Your code is wrong.

Sure! You can copy-paste this answer to all threads on forum :-)

Do you have something specific in mind?

Simha:

Have you checked my replies to other threads ?

Have you looked through threads reporting a similar issue ? invariably the problem is with the posters code . . . look for yourself, no need too take my word for it.

How can I give you anything specific when you haven't even posted one single line of code ?

Do you understand how to use iCustom correctly ? have you looked through the recent threads on iCustom ?

RaptorUK:

Have you checked my replies to other threads ?

Have you looked through threads reporting a similar issue ? invariably the problem is with the posters code . . . look for yourself, no need too take my word for it.

How can I give you anything specific when you haven't even posted one single line of code ?

Do you understand how to use iCustom correctly ? have you looked through the recent threads on iCustom ?

Searched the forum. didn't find similar issues.

Simha:

Don't be a Troll
Simha:

Searched the forum. didn't find similar issues.

Really?

Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum
iCustom - MQL4 forum
iCustom problem? - MQL4 forum

There are hundreds of examples - All with the same problem - A bad iCustom call.

Reason: