spread or order first??

Dear all

Does anybody know, when an order is created after last spread is issued by the broker, that last or next spread will be used by this order?

Wing

The Spread isn't relevant.

You Buy at Ask, if you don't allow any slippage and price or the spread changes you get a requote . . . at least that is how I understand it. You Sell at Bid . . .

RaptorUK:

The Spread isn't relevant.

You Buy at Ask, if you don't allow any slippage and price or the spread changes you get a requote . . . at least that is how I understand it. You Sell at Bid . . .

ok, let me clarify the question.

If I buy at Ask now, will EA use last Ask price given by broker or next Ask price to open an order?

Wing

wing:

ok, let me clarify the question.

If I buy at Ask now, will EA use last Ask price given by broker or next Ask price to open an order?

Wing

Neither . . . it will use the price that is stored in the Ask Predefined variable . . . if your code is complex, or you have some slow loops or some lengthy sleeps your Ask value may become out of date and you will get an error.

If you have a fresh Ask price in the Ask variable it will be used and it will be the last Ask price your Terminal has received . . . not the next one.

The EA can only use the last transmitted price - it can't possibly know the futures.

The broker will use the current Ask price that its server has when it processes the open request, if it is within the allowed slippage range from your specified open price or error with requote.

Reason: