[Indicator] Can I draw on the chart and at the same time, draw on a separate window? - page 2

1. ubzen:
    There are codes by WHRoeder which creates IIRC indicator buffers using Arrays; there are allot of his such examples.
    My polyline code is just creating line objects on the main chart, but you could modify it to draw them on any chart.
  2. flaab:
    Can it be done the other way around? I am actually painting several histograms in the main chart. I would like to paint 3buffers another window (an oscillator) :-)
    You can look up the window number with WindowFind() and use that in the ObjectCreate() You can NOT use the buffers.

You can simulate invisible buffer arrays in an indicator as many as you want, but it is a workaround, here is an article about it:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=165411

Using two windows is not a simple question, I found examples that draws objects, but thats all, like this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7116

erzo:
You can simulate invisible buffer arrays in an indicator
My polyline uses that technique, but that is NOT what the OP was asking. He wanted some buffers to DISPLAY on the main chart and some on the subchart, which is impossible.

WHRoeder:
My polyline uses that technique, but that is NOT what the OP was asking. He wanted some buffers to DISPLAY on the main chart and some on the subchart, which is impossible.
Will I kind of mixed up the thread. thanks!

WHRoeder:
My polyline code is just creating line objects on the main chart, but you could modify it to draw them on any chart.
  1. Make two indicators, one for each chart, or
  2. Make a sub chart indicator and use polyline to draw on the main - no modification needed.

WHRoeder:
  1. Make two indicators, one for each chart, or
  2. Make a sub chart indicator and use polyline to draw on the main - no modification needed.
Thank you WHRoeder!

can anyone tell me how can i add new chart in seperate windows (minichart) with new pair and different timeframes? something like below but with my indi

win

lukibest:

can anyone tell me how can i add new chart in seperate windows (minichart) with new pair and different timeframes? something like below but with my indi

You cannot.

RaptorUK:
You cannot.

Then how they do it ?

lukibest:

Then how they do it ?
I don't know who they are . . . if you mean what is shown in your attached image . . . it's probably using a pair of Indicator buffers drawing a histogram, but it's not a chart like the usual charts, it's an Indicator output. You will notice there is no Open and Close.
Reason: