I need help locating the problem - page 2

quantum123:
I attempted to Print(...) from the init() function, nothing is printed
Did you install terminal in \program files* on Vista/Win7?

onewithzachy:

This is the way I see it : the .dll has 13 functions in it, but the CI call only one of them (QP_MA_Environment function). I think that what makes this CI does not works.

Where did you get this CI ?. Obviously most part of the CI is deleted. Whoever create this CI, s/he protect it, and does not want anyone else get this CI for free.

I used the wizard to create the CI. I use it as a wrapper to the dll functions. All the "special sauce" is in the dll, mt4 language editor is ok but some of the development and debug tools available on windows are better.

WHRoeder:
Did you install terminal in \program files* on Vista/Win7?

I learned the hard way not to install it in the program files directory. Its installed in C:\Meta Trader 4 directory

onewithzachy:
Is your MT build 418 ?. Click me, click me !!!

build 419

I think the problem is on what you mention earlier (" ... but the window is not created. I attempted to Print(...) from the init() function, nothing is printed to the experts tab ...").

I assume you can open any CI that has separated window like RSI or Mc Donald ... i'm sorry ... MACD. So let's try this silly experiment, put this

#property indicator_minimum - 10
#property indicator_maximum 10

and comment the "QP_MA_Environment function" calling, and also comment the includes. I just want to see if this separated window is loaded or not :(. If its loaded, try to un-comment them back one by one and see if the windows is loaded or not in every un-comment. That's why I call this silly experiment.

Hope you don't mind, I have to go, but keep us posted.

According to this :

Array Declaration and Access to Array Elements

.... . When declaring an array, data type, array name and number of elements of each dimension must be specified:

So, how about telling the number of element :

double open[1], high[1], low[1], close[1], price[1], data[QP_STATS_NUM_STATS];

if that's does not works, then ... :) ... print GetLastError() on every single line of your codes.

if that's also does not works ... how religious are you ?

:)

I'm not here, I'm away.

onewithzachy:

According to this :

Array Declaration and Access to Array Elements

.... . When declaring an array, data type, array name and number of elements of each dimension must be specified:

So, how about telling the number of element :

if that's does not works, then ... :) ... print GetLastError() on every single line of your codes.

if that's also does not works ... how religious are you ?

:)

I'm not here, I'm away.

I commented out the QP_MA_Environment function and replaced it with a random number mod 3, it works. I would expect it to, the CI is a pretty simple wrapper. The problem it appears is the interaction with the dll. I now am able to crash the terminal and i get a crash log.
Files:

Plenty of crash on terminal.exe. Pardon me, you said you use the wizard, what wizard ? Though I have Visual Studio 2010, I use Visual Studio 2008 for my .dll.

(I'm on the other side of the universe)

quantum123:

I commented out the QP_MA_Environment function and replaced it with a random number mod 3, it works. I would expect it to, the CI is a pretty simple wrapper. The problem it appears is the interaction with the dll. I now am able to crash the terminal and i get a crash log.

I was able to attach the CI to a window and it works as expected but I can't add any more CI (e.g. moving average) and when I click on the CI to get change its properties it crashes the terminal. the crash log is the same as the one published earlier. c0000005 is a memory out of bounds so I am looking at my code to see where its going beyond array limits. Although the last item to change is usually the problem the crash shows the error in the ntdll. I don't know what the #xxxx function names are in the terminal.exe (maybe they are wrappers for my functions) but none of the other functions in the stack have been written by me.

onewithzachy:

Plenty of crash on terminal.exe. Pardon me, you said you use the wizard, what wizard ? Though I have Visual Studio 2010, I use Visual Studio 2008 for my .dll.

(I'm on the other side of the universe)

I meant the wizard you get when clicking new in MetaEditor
Reason: