can´t get a connection with a mt4 server when i open the program

hi - i´m sigi - a beginner in traiding. i use the mt4 since 2 months only to watch the charts. since a few days when i start the mt4 it doesn´t connect me automatically any more. it did before. if i try to log in again nothing changes. do you know what i have to change to get a connection again? i´m happy for any suggestions :-)

thanx.

bye, sigi

Is it a Demo account ? many Demo accounts have a time limit and expire . . . perhaps you need a new Demo account ? have you contacted your Broker ?

yes, it´s a demo account. but i have made also a new demo account...

do i have a broker if i only have a demo account? - you see i´m really a "chick" and don´t know much...

calsie:
do i have a broker if i only have a demo account? - you see i´m really a "chick" and don´t know much...
Of course you do . . . they want your business when/if you go live, they will give you some support.

how can i reach my broker?

calsie:

how can i reach my broker?

Go to their website . . . they may have live chat, or simply telephone them or email them.

okay - thanx a lot!!

well, easier than said... no live chat - only a forum - and no email adress. if i click on support, there is just the forum... very strange

calsie:
well, easier than said... no live chat - only a forum - and no email adress. if i click on support, there is just the forum... very strange

then change brokers

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134834

Reason: