Strategy tester doing nothing on some pairs

Hi,

I am unable to test the same EA on different pairs with the strategy tester. The same EA is running on EURUSD or EURGBP but not on AUDCAD and many other pairs (most of them). I downloaded the history for the appropriate pair prior to running the test. I checked the date-range of the history data. At the moment when the test chart should start running it just doesn´t start. There ist no output and no error message. It just freezes like when you hit the "pause" button. I don´t understand this... what could be the reason?

thanx in andvance

ZetDat:

Hi,

I am unable to test the same EA on different pairs with the strategy tester. The same EA is running on EURUSD or EURGBP but not on AUDCAD and many other pairs (most of them). I downloaded the history for the appropriate pair prior to running the test. I checked the date-range of the history data. At the moment when the test chart should start running it just doesn´t start. There ist no output and no error message. It just freezes like when you hit the "pause" button. I don´t understand this... what could be the reason?

thanx in andvance

It can be that it doesn't open trades for AUDCAD and many others

Did it ever open a trade on an AUDCAD chart ??

If I have

ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,NewLots,BuyOpenPrice,TradesSlippage,0,0,ExpertComment,MagicNumber,0,Blue);

it can open trades chartsymbol

but if i have

ticket1=OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUYSTOP,NewLots,BuyOpenPrice,TradesSlippage,0,0,ExpertComment,MagicNumber,0,Blue);

then only opens currency "EURUSD" also if the ea is placed on other chart

ZetDat:

. It just freezes like when you hit the "pause" button. I don´t understand this... what could be the reason?

Open a AUDCAD chart for the date you want to start from and go to M1 . . . if you can't see M1 data for that date then you don't have the required data . . .

Thanks so far...

@RaptorUK: I will check that but as far as I can remember you would get an error message like "no historical data for that date" but there is nothing like that.

@deVries: I don´t even get that far. Even a print("hello") within the init() is not being printed. Once again: The same EA runs on other pairs without any problem.

Did you install in \program files* on Vista/Win7?
Reason: