5 Standard Lots

If a broker requires 5 standard lots of trading a month to provide a free VPS service, what does a broker need to know about a client's account to be able to tell him how many trades a month he needs to make?

It's not about the number of trades . . . . it's about the size of the trades. For example it could be 1 trade of 5 lots, 5 trades of 1 lot each, 50 trades of 0.1 lot each, etc.

RaptorUK:
It's not about the number of trades . . . . it's about the size of the trades. For example it could be 1 trade of 5 lots, 5 trades of 1 lot each, 50 trades of 0.1 lot each, etc.

By your examples, you show that knowing the size of the trades is required for determining the number of trades. This is exactly as I thought yet no one to have communicated with me at a certain brokerage firm was willing to simply explain it in that way no matter how much information I provided them and how many times I repeatedly requested them to. They simply repeated the '5 standard lots' mantra as if they were clueless as to what it means which is disturbing if it's true.

Thank you very much.

ASAR:

By your examples, you show that knowing the size of the trades is required for determining the number of trades. This is exactly as I thought yet no one to have communicated with me at a certain brokerage firm was willing to simply explain it in that way no matter how much information I provided them and how many times I repeatedly requested them to. They simply repeated the '5 standard lots' mantra as if they were clueless as to what it means which is disturbing if it's true.

Thank you very much.

Hi Asar,

You may want to re-read Raptor's answer so you can clarify the confusion.

Trade SIZE (lots)...IS...different that TRADE NUMBERS (How many trades)...

If you broker is telling you - 5 standard lots...that's the minimum LOTS required.

Raptor's example shows you the 5 lot minimum required...could be done with 1 trade....or 50 trades...

If I understand your example correctly...the broker only cares about the 5 lots minimum...not how many trades it took to get them.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Reason: