EA makes no trades in live market

I have gained the courage to put my newly written EA on a live account after thorough testing on historical data. The past week it made NO trades, but when I run a back test on the same period there are 5 trades for the week. My broker is FXOpen and I have an ECN account. Why does my EA not make trades in the live market?

ernest02:
I have gained the courage to put my newly written EA on a live account after thorough testing on historical data. The past week it made NO trades, but when I run a back test on the same period there are 5 trades for the week. My broker is FXOpen and I have an ECN account. Why does my EA not make trades in the live market?

coding ?

ernest02:

livetrading disabled in options?

errors in logfile?

ECN Account .. you was trying to open orders with TP and SL?

EADeveloper:

livetrading disabled in options?

errors in logfile?

ECN Account .. you was trying to open orders with TP and SL?

Live trading is enabled in options.

ECN account - but placing pending orders - not market orders - so sl and tp accepted.

No errors.

There are 2 places to set Allow live trading, in MT4 and in the EA. If you set it just in the EA and then take the EA off and back on it will not be enabled when you put it back on. If you enable it in MT4 it is set on for all EAs you add to charts by default. (t least this is what I believe the behavior to be)

Also . . . did you have a smiley face top right of your chart with the EA name next to it ?

I am aware of the two places where one can set the Allow Live Trading. And I am also aware that the smiley face will be frowning if the "Allow trading" is not ticked. I do have a smiley face as it is. But thanks for trying to help in any case.

I was wondering if there is a difference of how an EA will treat live prices in live trading and the same prices in a back test. Cannot see why - but why otherwise do i get different results from the exact same data? Or could this be my broker? But he is an ECN broker not a dealing desk or market maker. Really perplexed about the whole situation.

Does your Broker allow EAs ?

Do you have any debugging you can turn on to see what your EA is doing ?

ECN Brokers are not simulated in the Strategy Tester, I know you are placing Pending orders . . . but it the Strategy Tester a Market order will work with SL & TP set.

RaptorUK thanks for trying to help. My broker allows EA's - actually seems to encourage them.

There is something perhaps. My code indicates the timeframe as "0" (any timeframe the EA is attached to) and sometimes I change the chart from the 1 minute, on which the EA is supposed to work, to higher timeframes to detect trends, support levels, etc. It could be that coincidentally the EA was going to do a trade just at that moment but was on the wrong timeframe. I know I am grasping at straws. I am going to change the code in any case to say PERIOD_M1.

I am also running the same EA on both the EURUSD and GBPUSD pairs, but with different parameter values. Could there be an interference between the two instances? In the past I ran four or more at the same time on a demo account and experienced no problems. Once again another straw.

My log files are clean. No indication that a transaction was attempted with perhaps an alert or error.

ernest02:

My log files are clean. No indication that a transaction was attempted with perhaps an alert or error.

But is there any indication that a trade was attempted at all ? can you enable any debugging to show this ?

Running multiple EAs on the same terminal is not a problem . . . unless you haven't isolated the EAs to their own trades, if applicable, using Symbol and maybe Magic Numbers if needed.

There are no attempts at any trades. (although as I said before - if I run a back test on the same period of the past week I get 5 transactions.)

I use different Magic Numbers to distinguish between the trades.

I have no problems while testing on a demo account. Could the problem be with my broker? I sent an e-mail to their support but have received no response so far.

Reason: