my system - page 4

ubzen:
Hahahaha.... What good is an Expert-Advisor which cannot detect the conditions with-in which it should trade.
Well, many traders use EA's as tools and not stand alone programs. You as Trader decide what market conditions you have and start the apropriate EA, maybe with an included stop after the first loss. Now you can do other stuff like analyzing charts and let the EA trade your strategy for that spezific market condition

zzuegg:
Well, many traders use EA's as tools and not stand alone programs. You as Trader decide what market conditions you have and start the apropriate EA, maybe with an included stop after the first loss. Now you can do other stuff like analyzing charts and let the EA trade your strategy for that spezific market condition
Why not put the market-condition algo within the EA? Honestly, I'd rather trade the Op's system with 99% Draw-Down (if those results included all data) than have a 3-Month Script which I have to baby-sit otherwise it'll blow the account. But that's just me, all trader for himself.

ubzen:
Why not put the market-condition algo within the EA? Honestly, I'd rather trade the Op's system with 99% Draw-Down (if those results included all data) than have a 3-Month Script which I have to baby-sit otherwise it'll blow the account. But that's just me, all trader for himself.

You know me, i try to automate everything ;)

But for example i have not yet found an algorithm which trades trendline bounces nicely. Sometimes the trendline get missed by a few pips, sometimes the bounce is not clear. This all a manual trader can correct, while an strict algorithm fails. (At least mine)

Another example is the ZigZag indicator, i have not yet found a proper way of automatical detecting the proper sensitivity setting for low sized and high sized swings. This is kind of essential for some of my strategies. All i have to do is to try a few different settings, adjust the EA and let it do its work.

just some brain crackers

rfb:

Jun, all fast successful systems are based on scalping scenario and without high % risk of the account. probably you needed this... it is based on similar strategy from here Question for someone good at mathematics. Not more than +5 lines and 5 lines modifications.

LOL! This is great!

ubzen: So you need to decide manually if the market is in a Range before using your EA?

.... -> But for example i have not yet found an algorithm which trades trendline bounces nicely

1) Sorry I wasn't fair with the answer, short link image, It's workable (not standalone - it needs power) from 2006.

2) Probably joke, but I'll try to comment it: If you'd use Pivot(any) than oscillator(any) than average ranges(higher frame) than confirmation all the same from higher frame, at the end maybe you would want to implement news in the expert, but I wouldn't, just as opinion.

But for example i have not yet found an algorithm which trades trendline bounces nicely. Neither have I, but have you found a manual method which trades trend-line bounce nicely? I mean if your little-brother asked you can you show me how to trade trend-line bounce nicely .... could you explain it to him? <----- If I couldn't give this simple explanation to my little brother without going "Umm", "You-Know", "It-Depends", "Well-See" ... "You know what, you just have to feel the dark-force flowing in your veins :))))", what business do I have being a Trader.

If I could give that explanation to my Bro without being ambiguous about the process, I could code it within less than a week. Unless of course it's a method outside of Price-Data like News-Trading/Crisis-Trading.

ubzen: If I couldn't give this simple explanation to my little brother without going "Umm", "You-Know", "It-Depends", "Well-See" ...

With 1 good oscillator, pivot, atr higher frame at last I would give him right away the link, winners with their trades everything.

ubzen:

But for example i have not yet found an algorithm which trades trendline bounces nicely. Neither have I, but have you found a manual method which trades trend-line bounce nicely? I mean if your little-brother asked you can you show me how to trade trend-line bounce nicely .... could you explain it to him? <----- If I couldn't give this simple explanation to my little brother without going "Umm", "You-Know", "It-Depends", "Well-See" ... "You know what, you just have to feel the dark-force flowing in your veins :))))", what business do I have being a Trader.

If I could give that explanation to my Bro without being ambiguous about the process, I could code it within less than a week. Unless of course it's a method outside of Price-Data like News-Trading/Crisis-Trading.

I only got a little sister :(

But anyway. Since she has the ability to think, make conclusions, i would show her a chart:

Marked the 3 spots of interest. The green one is quite easy to spot with algorithms, the Gray one is also possible however much later then the Green one. Point Red is a really interesting one. Fast Profits, but none of my algorithms can spot that one in time.

zzuegg:

I only got a little sister :(

But anyway. Since she has the ability to think, make conclusions, i would show her a chart: Marked the 3 spots of interest. The green one is quite easy to spot with algorithms, the Gray one is also possible however much later then the Green one. Point Red is a really interesting one. Fast Profits, but none of my algorithms can spot that one in time.

I see 5-point of interest. Point-1, where the Ray-Began. Point-2 Red, Point-3 Green, Point-4 Gray and finally Point-5 Break-Of-Support. All these are easy to say how to trade in hind-sight 20/20. But in reality even as a Manual trader, you wouldn't have long at Point-1 because theres no Trend-Line yet. You also wouldn't have Long at Point-2 because you'd be waiting for the bounce to confirm or draw your trand-line upon.

That leaves Point-Green... If you entered where it touches the Trend-Line what type of stop-loss and take profit would you choose. If the stop-loss is too tight, it'll result in a loss. If the take profit is too High, you'll hold-unto that trade until it turns against you.

Point-Gray is perfect entry. But it's success depends greatly upon it's Take-Profit level.

In summary, Green will lose to Fear. Gray will lose to Greed. If we assume you're using Large-Stoploss and Small-Target Levels. You'll give back all the profit at Point-5 Break-Of-Support where you would have Long-again (Staying True to the System) and Suffered the bigger Loss.

I see something different. The trendline is not confirmed until the red blob because two points always lie on a straight line; you need the third point to confirm a support line. The green is a break of the trend line so that would call for a short position. And again the gray breaks the support line. All in all a pretty choppy scene. In fact I would call it range bound between the red and where it finally breaks out.
Reason: