alerts when price crosses horizontal/diagonal trendlines. help needed.

hi forum,

this indicator displays an alert, everytime the price touches a horizontal line. that works fine with pivot-indicators and also with lines i draw myself.

now i want to know if it is possible that an alert comes up when a diagonal trendline is touched. i am not a programmer but i think it is already implemented (OBJ_TREND) but it does not work.

can somebody help me with that?

thank you!!!

int start()
{
//----
if (displayAlert==false) return;
static datetime Time0;
if (Time0 == Time[0]) return; // One alert per bar.
double H = High[0], L = Low[0];
for(int iObj = ObjectsTotal() - 1; iObj >= 0; iObj--)
{
string name = ObjectName(iObj);
if (ObjectType(name) == OBJ_HLINE)
{
double line = ObjectGet(name, OBJPROP_PRICE1);
}
else if (ObjectType(name) == OBJ_TREND)
{
if (ObjectGet(name, OBJPROP_TIME1) >= Time[0])
line = ObjectGet(name, OBJPROP_PRICE1);
else if (ObjectGet(name, OBJPROP_TIME2) >= Time[0])
line = ObjectGet(name, OBJPROP_PRICE2);
else continue; // Line stops before current candle
}
else continue; // Not HLINE or TREND
if (H >= line && line >= L)
{
Alert("Price has touched ", name);
Time0 = Time[0]; // No more alerts.
}
}
//----
return(0);
}

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

When finding where a horizontal line is you simply need to know it's price level, you get this by querying the object properties . . . . with an angled trend line it's price changes as it's time changes . . . so you need to use this: ObjectGetValueByShift

hey raptor, thanks for the help but unfortunately i am not a coder at all. i just know how to implement some logic stuff to an existing code. but what you explained is much too much for my very small knowledge about mpl4. i don't even know where or how to use the ObjectGetValueByShift function.. i am still in the mql4-kindergarten ;)

ps. next time i will use the SCR button ;)

mar:
hey raptor, thanks for the help but unfortunately i am not a coder at all.
No Slaves here, learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you. No effort no help.

i'm sorry when you feel being treated like a slave. i just copied a code here and asked a question about it because i don't understand why angled lines are not working.
Reason: