There is a bug in MT4 V4.00B409

When backtesting, open chart, and hovering the cursor over the SL or TP symbols the little datawindow shows different data almost every time the cursor touches the symbol.

See these screencaptures.

The value displayed it the price the cursor is over, not the actual value.

Yeah you're right. But approaching the Sell symbol (arrow) from above or below displays the same (and correct) value every time...So its still a bug...

The TP symbol probably has an invisible perimeter around it, and when the cursor breaks that perimeter price is taken from the cursor and displayed in the databox.

What they should have done is once inside the perimeter to access the symbol properties and get the price from there...that price is consistent and correct.

This very issue has happened to me due to the following reasons:

1) You are running the strategy tester with a period above PM15 and setting price model as "control points".

2) You have imported price history into terminal from a data source that is not from your broker. In this case you have to consider distinct prices and timezones of each brokers' quotes history.

Maybe it is no a bug If the problem falls in one of the causes above . For a more reliable simulation, you should set the strategy tester to use "every point" and PM1 settings.

On all the objects I place on my chart, I put the actual price using ObjectSetText.

The tester does what the tester does.

Reason: