Who can you trust?

Dear members,

I used ADX(14) on USDCAD, daily in MT4 for Forex.com and Alpari UK. Their time difference is only 1 hour.

I noticed, by coincidence, the daily ADX numbers differ so significantly between them by more than 20%.

If you use ADX(14) just like me, who would you choose?

Thank you.

If you use ADX(14) just like me, who would you choose? This is a preference question. Choose the one closest to what you'd expect.

ubzen:
If you use ADX(14) just like me, who would you choose? This is a preference question. Choose the one closest to what you'd expect.

I would certainly choose the right one but, unfortunately, unsure what to expect. Rather, who do you think is correct in ADX(14) computation?

Thank you.

thteh8:

I used ADX(14) on USDCAD, daily in MT4 for Forex.com and Alpari UK. Their time difference is only 1 hour.

I noticed, by coincidence, the daily ADX numbers differ so significantly between them by more than 20%.

Markets open 2200z on Sunday. So a broker using UTC through UTC-11 sees a 2 hour long day and a broker using UTC+2 through UTC+11 sees a 24 hour Monday.

This is the reason for the differences. Daily charts will differ sometimes significantly between brokers. You might try ADX(H1, 14*24)

WHRoeder:

Markets open 2200z on Sunday. So a broker using UTC through UTC-11 sees a 2 hour long day and a broker using UTC+2 through UTC+11 sees a 24 hour Monday.

This is the reason for the differences. Daily charts will differ sometimes significantly between brokers. You might try ADX(H1, 14*24)

Please interpret ADX(H1, 14*24)

Thank you.

iADX(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 14*24, ...);  // What did you think it meant?
Reason: