Newbie Question re: Retaining Historical Data

I am somewhat new to MQL4. I worte an EA and tried using the MT4 strategy tester to test it out. My frustration is

that every time I run the strategy tester to check out every small change to my code, it appears to download the same historical data over and over again. With this inefficient approach:

1. I cannot do any testing on weekends because the server is non-responsive

2. The cost for testing for longer time frames and/or with all data samples is much higher. This may be acceptable in writing a work for

hire, in which the strategy logic comes from a client, and all I have to worry about is the correctness of the implementation.

However, when writing and EA for my own use, I'd like to do strategy testing for longer test periods.

Does anyone know of a way to download MT4 compatible historical data just once, and then keep it on the hard driver and access it

from there on subsequent test runs?

I do not know if this probem is specific to MT4 or to a specific broker or just due to my ignorance. I am currently testing using a demo

account with FXCM.

Thank you,

Dennis

You can run the Strategy Tester with the historical data you already have . . . Click File > Login, enter a made up account number, click login. You will lose your connection to your Broker and will not download any new data.

dennisne:
1. I cannot do any testing on weekends because the server is non-responsive
Did you install in \program files* on Vista/Win7?
Reason: