Metatrader 4 don't start anymore

Hi,

Since last Friday the 4th of November I can't open MetaTrader 4 anymore. When I opened it in the morning I received a message saying it would update the software and soon after the MetaTrader window became small and then it freezed. After many tries I uninstalled the software and re installed it. At that point MetaTrader worked again, but, as soon as I closed it again and then reopen....again the software freezed...

Any ideas?

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

WHR what is your reason for saying that ? I have been running mt4 on Vista, installed in program files for 2 years. The only issues I have is when accessing log files, it is neccessary to click the 'compatability files" icon in the log files folder.

The only other issue I found is, automatic update doesnt work, (which depending on your point of view, might be a good thing)

It's a potential UAC issue . . do you have UAC turned off/down ?

Same problem with Vista / MetaTrader4. Since I installed it directly on C: -> no problems anymore.

RaptorUK:
It's a potential UAC issue . . do you have UAC turned off/down ?

I have UAC on, the only time I find an interference to mt4 by that is when starting mt4 the live update causes UAC to prompt me for an administrator password. I usually just hit cancel on that.
Reason: