Metatrader on Server

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to run MetaTrader (and Experts ofcource) on so called dedicated Windows server (many internet companies give such service) ?

Thanks,

Edward

On a Windows Server OS, Yes. On a VPS the answer is also, Yes. If you're talking about something else, then I dunno.

edas:

Is it possible to run MetaTrader (and Experts ofcource) on so called dedicated Windows server (many internet companies give such service) ?

If you are talking about Windows webserver hosting then no . . you need full control of the OS so you can install programs.

I have VPS with windows system.

By this time I installed MetaTrader, it runs, charts are OK.

But advisor does not start (in strategu testing mode). I suspect that system has some writing prohibitions. For example I could not create new chart window (when trying I receive message "chart02.chr was not found"". Hope these problems will disappear when I will solve writing to disk rules.

edas:

I have VPS with windows system.

By this time I installed MetaTrader, it runs, charts are OK.

But advisor does not start (in strategu testing mode). I suspect that system has some writing prohibitions. For example I could not create new chart window (when trying I receive message "chart02.chr was not found"". Hope these problems will disappear when I will solve writing to disk rules.

Is that a VPS inside your home? Are you offering VPS services?

No, I rent VPS from company. I don't want to run expert at home, because internet connection is not stable enough.

i;ve using great vps with stable forex trending topik ea. My vps almost 5 years i've using is cns here's the link http://goo.gl/qsq4zy
Reason: