Volume indicator hourly based

Hi all,

I was searching a volume indicator where I could see the average volume for a concrete hour. I haven't found anything.

I want to know if the volume at 6p.m. is average with the last 30 days at 6p.m., do you understand me? I don't want to compare volume of today at 6p.m. with average daily volume. Any idea?

thanks!

What do you mean by "Volume" ?

1. Do you know what volume means on Forex?
  2. Use this and you would have found this

WHRoeder:
  1. Do you know what volume means on Forex?
  2. Use this and you would have found this

Lately, in this forum, all the people receive a search before posting like an answer, remember, it is better to remain silent and appear stupid than open your mouth and prove you are.

For all other people, I want to do a moving average on my Volume indicator, but i don't want the volume of last 100 periods (the orange MA in the picture). I want to do an Average for all the 7a.m. bars (Red circles), 8a.m. bars etc... So I'll know if the volume at this hour is Average, low or High compared with last days at same hour.

Any idea to do that? Maybe you know a guy who did it before me? I searched all over the web, but nothing...

pitu:

Any idea to do that? Maybe you know a guy who did it before me? I searched all over the web, but nothing...

I know how to do that, I created my own MA for Spread . . . but if you can't be bothered to answer my simple question why should I be inclined to help . . .

RaptorUK:
I know how to do that, I created my own MA for Spread . . . but if you can't be bothered to answer my simple question why should I be inclined to help . . .

Raptor, I'm talking about tick volume data. There is another kind of volume in forex?

pitu:

Raptor, I'm talking about tick volume data. There is another kind of volume in forex?
Of course there is . . . volume of currency traded, volume of orders placed buys vs sells . . .

RaptorUK:
Of course there is . . . volume of currency traded, volume of orders placed buys vs sells . . .

What kind of volume do you think it's more reliable?? And what broker offers that kind of volume?

Some people told me that FXCM tick data it's Ok to trade.

pitu:

What kind of volume do you think it's more reliable?? And what broker offers that kind of volume?

Some people told me that FXCM tick data it's Ok to trade.

I've no idea . . . MT4 will not give you anything other than the volume of ticks from your particular Broker . . who in the grand scheme of things is tiny.

RaptorUK:
I've no idea . . . MT4 will not give you anything other than the volume of ticks from your particular Broker . . who in the grand scheme of things is tiny.

Ok thanks Raptor, any idea about how to do the hourly based indicator?

You can use my code as a basis if you like . . . you will need to read it, understand it, and modify it to what you need . . . but with a little modification it will do what you want . . at each bar after the 7am bar, pass it the 7am bar volume figure . . it will return you the SMA value.

//+-----------------------------------------------------+
//| Spread function - used to calculate SMA of Spread   |
//+-----------------------------------------------------+
double Spread(double AddValue=0)
   {
   double LastValue;
   static double ArrayTotal=0;

if (AddValue == 0 && SpreadSampleSize <= 0) return(Ask-Bid);
   if (AddValue == 0 && ArrayTotal == 0) return(Ask-Bid);
   if (AddValue == 0 ) return(ArrayTotal/ArraySize(Spread));

ArrayTotal = ArrayTotal + AddValue;
   ArraySetAsSeries(Spread, true); 
   if (ArraySize(Spread) == SpreadSampleSize)
      {
      LastValue = Spread[0];
      ArrayTotal = ArrayTotal - LastValue;
      ArraySetAsSeries(Spread, false);
      ArrayResize(Spread, ArraySize(Spread)-1 );
      ArraySetAsSeries(Spread, true);
      ArrayResize(Spread, ArraySize(Spread)+1 ); 
      }
   else ArrayResize(Spread, ArraySize(Spread)+1 ); 

ArraySetAsSeries(Spread, false);
   Spread[0] = AddValue;
   return(ArrayTotal/ArraySize(Spread));