Printing Excersise - page 2

tapo:

to avoid filling my Expert tab with printings, I put the following line within the if statement and got the the sentence printed on the chart all the way through the backtest

that means there was no error. The strange thing is that I'm not finding the tester\files folder in the first place. It's not only the file which is missing.

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista it may be a UAC issue.

Do you mean it's not possible to resolve the issue?

tapo:
Do you mean it's not possible to resolve the issue?
Of course it is . . do some searching.

RaptorUK:
Of course it is . . do some searching.

How do you know I have not been doing searching before and after I posted my question?

=============================

Hi guys,

In my research, the best of what I've found so far was http://ezinearticles.com/?Running-MetaTrader-in-Windows-7-or-Vista,-Solving-Permissions-Issue&id=5432910. I cannot reinstall MT4 at the moment so I chose the 2nd option but tester/files folder is still missing in my Win 7 PC.

I have another PC on which Win XP is installed. It does not have this issue, but the log file under this folder comes with just a single line! I want to print and save data from every bar. Do you know how can we do that?

Thank your,

talo

tapo:

How do you know I have not been doing searching before and after I posted my question?

I want to print and save data from every bar. Do you know how can we do that?

Searching: Because it's a very popular question around here. If you perform a google search using "site:mql4.com Windows 7 issue" or "site:mql4.com UAC issue" you should get a ton of information which one person cannot re-create within this thread.

Print: The log file for testing under Windows-Xp will look something like C:\Fx_Lab\tester\logs.

Save: You'll wanna study and experiment with FileRead and FileWrite functions. During back-testing those files will reside within something like C:\Fx_Lab\tester\files. When running live or demo it'll reside under C:\Fx_Lab\experts\files <--- all for Windows Xp.

Examples: Here and Here.

ubzen:

Searching: Because it's a very popular question around here. If you perform a google search using "site:mql4.com Windows 7 issue" or "site:mql4.com UAC issue" you should get a ton of information which one person cannot re-create within this thread.

Print: The log file for testing under Windows-Xp will look something like C:\Fx_Lab\tester\logs. tapo's comment: "If you're talking about the log file in my code, I believe you mean tester\files"

Save: You'll wanna study and experiment with FileRead and FileWrite functions. During back-testing those files will reside within something like C:\Fx_Lab\tester\files. When running live or demo it'll reside under C:\Fx_Lab\experts\files <--- all for Windows Xp.

Examples: Here and Here.

How did you know I did not already go through so many pages from multiple sites? and where did I say I need one person to recreate a ton of information?

Let someone tell if it isn't fine to post a question in the forum unless you have been searching for a week, month or whatever.

My issues are 2 and the second is more important, because I could not work around it.

1) the tester folder is missing altogether in Win 7 and there is no 'Compatibility Files' button in its containing folder.

2) I have used Win XP instead, but I got only 1 line saved in the file tester\files\Log.txt. It looks like a new line erases its predecessor. Do you have any idea about this issue?

How did you know I did not already go through so many pages from multiple sites? Dude - we're not obligated answer your questions until you understand. Thats why you have online resources and higher education for. And even in University, it's not the teacher's obligation to answer your questions until you understand. Who cares if it takes you a week or month or whatever to understand. Ask you questions, just don't expect anyone to answer the manner which you want to hear. Beggars cannot be choosers!

and where did I say I need one person to recreate a ton of information? Where did I say... You say? What I made was a STATEMENT not an ACCUSATION. Man grow up.

At this point I'd say contact Microsoft Technical Support. Take Computer Literacy Courses. Contact MetaQuotes Software Corp Tech Support and Let them Explain til you understand whats wrong.

tapo:

2) I have used Win XP instead, but I got only 1 line saved in the file tester\files\Log.txt. It looks like a new line erases its predecessor. Do you have any idea about this issue?

Did you read the documentation ?

It says . . " If there is a need to add data to an existing file, it must be opened using combination of FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE."

ubzen:

How did you know I did not already go through so many pages from multiple sites? Dude - we're not obligated answer your questions until you understand. Thats why you have online resources and higher education for. And even in University, it's not the teacher's obligation to answer your questions until you understand. Who cares if it takes you a week or month or whatever to understand. Ask you questions, just don't expect anyone to answer the manner which you want to hear. Beggars cannot be choosers!

and where did I say I need one person to recreate a ton of information? Where did I say... You say? What I made was a STATEMENT not an ACCUSATION. Man grow up.

At this point I'd say contact Microsoft Technical Support. Take Computer Literacy Courses. Contact MetaQuotes Software Corp Tech Support and Let them Explain til you understand whats wrong.

ubzen, you have been too rude with this language. where from my words did you understand that I think you're obligated to answer my question? You can avoid any question that you don't like to answer, can you not? Do you feel compulsion to show your ugly face?

If someone thinks they have the right to disrespect and insult others, I don't need to argue with them. It is their own behaviour after all.

Reason: