Switch to MT5?

I am currently using MT4 and do not have th feeling I am missing anything, except for iPhone/iPad access.

However, I have hired a programmer and expect to start developing EA's soon. Because of that I am wondering if I should change to MT5 to make a start on the latest platform.

I have made a list of the pro's of both as far as I can oversee it (have no MT5 experience). Please give me your additions and comments.

MT5 pro:

- latest platform as start for my developments

- mobile access possible

MT4 pro:

- more bug proof than newer MT5

- bigger number of indicators for sale/programmers for hire with experience

- can stay with current broker (must change for MT5 since they do not support that)

How about portability from MT4 to 5? (read somewhere not possible?) How about speed, reliability, features? (not the list of ~, but your opinion if in general the new features are very useful or not)

Thanks

just a few that i can think of right now

MT5 - development

has a debugger - a nice addition that saves a lot of pain

is a little harder on you for programming errors like indexes that go out of bounds

object oriented - a bit of a double edge sword in my mind - it is a little harder a first to "whip some thing up" after time, it should be easier as the code base swells.

mt4 does not easily recompile - there are tools to help, but it will be a journey at first.

MT5 - trading

works with orders, deals and positions instead of just orders - need to get your mind around that a bit... if you open many trades in different directions you will only see *ONE* position for that pair. It blows your mind to see the current price is 7 digits. So much for normalizing on 4

calender of upcoming new events

MT5 - testing

back testing is quite good - at least I've been led to think so from the testing I've done. I have an dual Xeon (8 physical cores) and it spits out resuts concurrently on optimizes

networking of back testing - can send back testing to another computer - I haven't tested it, but it looks promising

I've just made the switch. I'm going through some articles now to try to develop and test a multi-currency strategy. Appears that the mql5.forum is not as active because someone from here posted a good question and no-one there responded. Anyways, object oriented programming is like start over for me. But the platform seems so powerful that it really shows MetaQuotes ambitions. My personal feeling is that for an extended period the driving force will focus upon the Brokers. Brokers who are unwilling or unable to expand their business models to include other advance Instruments will stick with mt4. Otherwise mt5 will become the platform of choice.

Has the MT5 Strategy tester got a visual mode yet ?

I haven't even run a first test yet. However This might help.

ubzen:
I haven't even run a first test yet. However This might help.
Thanks for the link . . . last time I looked at MT5 there was no Visual mode . . might have to give it another look :-)
Reason: