Is it possible: Create Automated Trading Program on iPhone?

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that you can help me.

I'm wanting to break free from trading on a computer, the trouble is that I have my own unique trading method that I use and it takes a series of steps.

I would love to create a program that sits on my iphone (an iphone App) that

-connects to my data provider and gets the ohlc

-Works out the trades to place

-Places the trades.

To do it, I would hire developers to put it together for me, but I have no idea on how to go about this, what to look at, what considerations need to be in place, the easy way of going about it etc etc.

Could some of the fellow experts on here help me out by pointing me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Bussy

The iPhone is not meant for writing your own programs or anything else that could be of any practical use, this has been intentionally made impossible by technical means. The iPhone is explicitly only meant to be used as status symbol, as a telephone (for making phone calls) and as a toy for playing the officially approved apps from Apple (in that order).

Bussenschutt:

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that you can help me.

I'm wanting to break free from trading on a computer, the trouble is that I have my own unique trading method that I use and it takes a series of steps.

Write an EA, if your method is as good as you suggest you can leave your EA to it and you can enjoy your free time . .

For trading you need a stable environment, and a mobile device is far from that (weak connection places, batteries, it can fall on the ground easily, etc..).
I would suggest to automate your strategy completely and host it on a VPS.

HTH,

Jim

Hey All,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm currently sourcing my data from ProRealTime because their data seemed to be pretty accurate and it was recommended to me.

If I wrote an EA, would I still be able to use their data, or I would I have to use the brokers data?

Thanks for bouncing ideas at me - I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Bussy

The less hops you have from your trading machine the better. I use a VPS to trade with my EA. I trade limit orders with TP and that is all my EA does. If you use an EA to keep an eye on your trade you increase risk. If you trade from a phone you might as well give your money to me instead of the market. VitualReal is right on the money.

Reason: