Period_H4 bar covers 3 hours

I'm new to MT4.

I think I just noticed something wrong with my Period_H4 chart. It has bars for 7/29 16:00, 7/31 17:00, 7/31 21:00, & 8/1 00:00.

I understand why the 7/29 16:00 bar only covers 1 hour and it skips to 7/31 17:00, but why does the 7/31 21:00 bar only cover 3 hours?

Do I have a bad version of MT4?

How are you determining the opening time of the bars ?

RaptorUK:
How are you determining the opening time of the bars ?
I hang my cursor over the bar and see the time in the "Data Window".

FoxGuy:
I hang my cursor over the bar and see the time in the "Data Window".

OK, just wondered if you were misreading the scale on the x axis, obviously not.

Have you tried a Refresh on your chart ? right click, click Refresh

RaptorUK:

OK, just wondered if you were misreading the scale on the x axis, obviously not.

Have you tried a Refresh on your chart ? right click, click Refresh

Yes, that was the 1st thing I thought about. I didn't think it would accomplish anything, but I did it anyway.

FoxGuy:
I think I just noticed something wrong with my Period_H4 chart. It has bars for 7/29 16:00, 7/31 17:00, 7/31 21:00, & 8/1 00:00.
I understand why the 7/29 16:00 bar only covers 1 hour and it skips to 7/31 17:00, but why does the 7/31 21:00 bar only cover 3 hours?

On Sunday the market is open for only two hours.

IBFX uses GMT so my first H4 (and D1) is only two hours long and I have only 2 H1 candles between the double week separator and the single day separator (options -> chart -> show period separators.)

Your broker uses something else. You get one full candle then a 3 hour candle. The next candle starts at 0000 in sync with the start of the D1.

WHRoeder:

On Sunday the market is open for only two hours.

IBFX uses GMT so my first H4 (and D1) is only two hours long and I have only 2 H1 candles between the double week separator and the single day separator (options -> chart -> show period separators.)

Your broker uses something else. You get one full candle then a 3 hour candle. The next candle starts at 0000 in sync with the start of the D1.

So you're saying that different brokers have different versions of MT4? Seems weird to me.

I'm curious. You say that you have a week separator AND a day separator on the H4 charts? All I have is a day separator.

Do most brokers tell you what their version of MT4 does different from a generic version? I'm assuming that if they do, it would be on their website not somewhere in the help file.

Brokers can do weird things just before/after the weekend . . . and they run different TimeZones too . . .

This shows the double weekend day separator that WHRoeder: mentioned.

1. Not only different versions, parameters including timezone.
  2. As I said I get 2 hours on Sunday
Reason: