History of Ticks

Sorry if already answered here, but for a reason I need to analyze individual ticks for a symbol for a certain (not so long) period of time due to tuning up EA parameters.

Pls, how can I get the values of individual ticks or how can I collect them?

Can MQL4 export to excel?

Thanks

Idividual ticks? Impossible for history, unless you had the MT4 trader open all that time and it recorded ticks into its personal history.

You can get M1 OHLC from a web site.

And you can create a script that will export OHLC data to a CSV file which excel has no problem reading.

forexCoder:
And you can create a script that will export OHLC data to a CSV file which excel has no problem reading.

Thanks!

I have no problem with recording ticks for a couple of days, for just to see a closer info on the elementary level :-)

Um. won't help you much i'm afraid :P (as detailed tick info is most of time useless if you have M1 info - m1 true ranges are REALLY small and their OHLC are regarded as small enough units by most...people that i've met :P) But to everyone their own.

i'm jsut thinkin now.... not usre how you'll export the data to csv file then, as the normal way would be to jsut record the ohlc of each M1....

Maybe you can create EA that will run through strategy tester which uses tick data (some1 pls confirm, I'm not entirely sure here(*1)) and then you can just write Bid and Ask to your file along with current time - TimeCurrent().

(*1) In my strategy tester usage, whenever ST hits time intervals where I had MT4 open (so it was recording ticks) the speed of ST goes down dramatically. The only reason I could see is that it has the actual tick data and uses it instead of generating modelled ticks.

Reason: