Strategy Tester, it is possible to step backward like forward?

Hello folks, I would like to know if with the Strategy Tester, it is possible to step backward like forward?. With F12 key I can go forward (as I want), but I would like to go backward as well. Is there some way to do that?

Thanks in advance, Cyberglassed.

Edit by moderator, translation from Google : 

Various manipulations of the schedule are available by pressing certain keys and key combinations:

· Home - moves the graph to the last bar;

· End - move the chart to the first bar;

· Page Up - moves the plot at a distance of one-stop back;

· Page Down - moves the plot at a distance of one page forward;

· Ctrl + I - brings up a window list of indicators;

· Ctrl + B - brings up a window object list;

· Alt +1 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a sequence of bars;

· Alt +2 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a sequence of candlesticks;

· Alt +3 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a broken line connecting the closing price of the bars;

· Ctrl + G - enables / disables the display of the grid on the chart;

· "+" - Increases the scale of the graph;

· "-" - Reduces the scale of the graph;

· F12 - chart scrolling to the step-by-step (one bar);

· F8 - call the property;

· Backspace - delete the last added to the chart object;

· Delete - deletes all selected objects;

· Ctrl + Z - cancels the removal of the last object.

Select the strategy tester schedule and press F1 will guide "Working with Charts"

Zeleniy:

Различные манипуляции с графиком доступны по нажатии некоторых клавиш и их комбинаций:

·Home — перемещает график к последнему бару;

·End — перемещает график к первому бару;

·Page Up — перемещает график на расстояние одного окна назад;

This is an English language Forum,  if you wish to post here please post in English.

RaptorUK:
This is an English language forum, if you want to publish here, please post in English.
The forum is not, allows to translate the Russian language and English. I gave a full description to the right people moved through a translator.

Zeleniy:
The forum is not, allows to translate the Russian language and English. I gave a full description to the right people moved through a translator.
This Forum is an English Language Forum,  just as this is a Russian language Forum and this is a Chinese language Forum,  if you want to post on this Forum please post in English.

This question was asked 10 years ago, with no resolution and I wanted to ask if the newest version of MQL5 included this functionality?

It is certainly an important functionality for the strategy tested to play the EA backward, as for one to access the effect of the code being played.

Camilo Mora #: This question was asked 10 years ago, with no resolution and I wanted to ask if the newest version of MQL5 included this functionality? It is certainly an important functionality for the strategy tested to play the EA backward, as for one to access the effect of the code being played.

I don't believe there are any new features in the MT5 Strategy Tester that would allow it to step back.

cyberglassed:

Hello folks, I would like to know if with the Strategy Tester, it is possible to step backward like forward?. With F12 key I can go forward (as I want), but I would like to go backward as well. Is there some way to do that?

Thanks in advance, Cyberglassed.

Impossible.
But I have an ideal, you can use external historical data and reverse it, keeping only the time order

Aleksey Rodionov #:

Edit by moderator, translation from Google : 

Various manipulations of the schedule are available by pressing certain keys and key combinations:

· Home - moves the graph to the last bar;

· End - move the chart to the first bar;

· Page Up - moves the plot at a distance of one-stop back;

· Page Down - moves the plot at a distance of one page forward;

· Ctrl + I - brings up a window list of indicators;

· Ctrl + B - brings up a window object list;

· Alt +1 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a sequence of bars;

· Alt +2 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a sequence of candlesticks;

· Alt +3 - toggles the display of graphics in the form of a broken line connecting the closing price of the bars;

· Ctrl + G - enables / disables the display of the grid on the chart;

· "+" - Increases the scale of the graph;

· "-" - Reduces the scale of the graph;

· F12 - chart scrolling to the step-by-step (one bar);

· F8 - call the property;

· Backspace - delete the last added to the chart object;

· Delete - deletes all selected objects;

· Ctrl + Z - cancels the removal of the last object.

Thanks for those shortcuts, it's very useful

This seems like a very basic function. Weird it is not available in MQL5... i wonder if one can use the debugger for this purpose. I am still learning how to use it
Reason: