Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider?

Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider? I need someone to run my EA ;)

WHRoeder:
Low cost VPS

Haaaaa haaaaaaa just as I thought - no clue - come to think of it there seems to be only beggars and smart arses on this forum. "Oh can you please give me this for free" - 'I don't want to pay a dime even though it will make me a millionaire'.... and "oh that idea is totally trash because of my superior being technical reason." When it comes to a simple question it is: Ha Ha I am going to give a smart arse answer because I don't have a real answer to give...that is aimed at you WHRoeder you pleb.

Good riddance to you all

Umm no. You got it all wrong mate, but maybe your ego just can't see it right. Or maybe you're drunk :) or stoned. Doesnt matter. Let me correct it for you:

Good riddance to you!

You're an ass and I am happy to not see your posts again :))))

mbirrell:

Haaaaa haaaaaaa just as I thought - no clue - come to think of it there seems to be only beggars and smart arses on this forum. "Oh can you please give me this for free" - 'I don't want to pay a dime even though it will make me a millionaire'.... and "oh that idea is totally trash because of my superior being technical reason." When it comes to a simple question it is: Ha Ha I am going to give a smart arse answer because I don't have a real answer to give...that is aimed at you WHRoeder you pleb.

Good riddance to you all

where do i no this from.... hang on its happened 2 me

forexCoder:

Umm no. You got it all wrong mate, but maybe your ego just can't see it right. Or maybe you're drunk :) or stoned. Doesnt matter. Let me correct it for you:

Good riddance to you!

You're an ass and I am happy to not see your posts again :))))

u really think u right handling this case this way?????... that guy didnt ask for for a lesson on how to use Google... this days typing random words with no meaning Google gonna return most likely something like this :

for "abcdef" = About 6,470,000 results

oposite "fedcba" = About 234,000 results

and so on.... if u wanna go across all websites related to what you looking for, u must simply be unemployed or totally bored... low cost vps return roughly speaking rnd 2.5m results, at leat few k gonna be very related to subject....

MEANWHILE what that Gentleman wanted is someone REAL LIFE experience.... A FILTER... this forum should act as one...

With all respect: WHY U GUYS ASKIN ONE ANOTHER TO INVENT A BULB AGAIN --- ITS DONE ALREADY, what's the problem.

plz b4 u kick me out, /shaky legs here / mind, its my point of view!

Guys...Guys. mql4.com have a rep of being a professional forum because we shoot straight. I try to stay humble not because I cannot trash talk with the best of em but rather because I respect myself and refuse to fuss with random-unknown-people on a public forum. The tradition of this forum is consistent with WHRoeder response. This is mql4.com not cheap_vps.com. We cannot comment on vps without promoting which is against the rules of the forum. The Op could have simply answered his question by searching Google or he could have PM anyone (he-taught would know) and ask them. If he didn't know the rules well then, that why we cannot answer his VPS question directly.

I love all you guys and hope we can continue to learn from each other and have en-lightening conversations even-tho sometimes it may not be directly mql4 related.

mbirrell:
Can anyone suggest a cheap VPS provider? I need someone to run my EA ;)

Select Windows VPS for Cheapest from http://alturl.com/rgb2e

nicwaznego:

u really think u right handling this case this way?????... that guy didnt ask for for a lesson on how to use Google... this days typing random words with no meaning Google gonna return most likely something like this :

for "abcdef" = About 6,470,000 results

oposite "fedcba" = About 234,000 results

and so on.... if u wanna go across all websites related to what you looking for, u must simply be unemployed or totally bored... low cost vps return roughly speaking rnd 2.5m results, at leat few k gonna be very related to subject....

MEANWHILE what that Gentleman wanted is someone REAL LIFE experience.... A FILTER... this forum should act as one...

With all respect: WHY U GUYS ASKIN ONE ANOTHER TO INVENT A BULB AGAIN --- ITS DONE ALREADY, what's the problem.

Funny TL;DR: Read only words using this style :)

No mate, I DIDNT have a problem with the guy before this post and pleasea notice that there was no lesson involved in this thread as the op was asking for something this forum is just not meant for and it wasnt even a lesson, but simple brand question which either we know or we dont or we dont care.

What I got angry about was someone posting his question and when he got a pretty normal response that said, "please look for it on google, we cant help you here" he got insulting because it was not the answer he was looking for. And he was not insulting just towards the guy who answered, but towards EVERYBODY - the whole forum - when he put ALL of us into either beggars or smartarses. Now if you read my posts you might notice that I try to stay polite, and I've come to even bash some of WHR posts a bit, because in my opinion he tends to lose temper way too early with newbies who make mistakes (for example unknowingly posting bits if decompiled code). But when someone gets insulting towards me for no reason that I might have given him, this means that his insolence comes from the small size of his hard wood area and I will not tolerate that behaviour and that person insults people just because he can. I will ever only check another post from this guy to paste a link to this page, containing the insults and ask everybody not to help him.

So yes, there is no problem handling this guy's post this way. I don't know how people can expect to see being slapped in the face (metaphorically) and then not do anything about it. If you dont do anything about it, this informs the "attacker" that what he did was alright. I believe in speaking your(my) mind, and it seems so does the OP, so he got exactly what he deserved.

It's a forum that gives free help on mql 4 topic. If you manage to get anything else, consider it a free perk. To become insulting when you don't get an answer you want is ... simply wrong to keep it short, and requires conditioning :)

To also answer

it's untrue. If you cant find on google what you're looking for in 5 minutes, then you're incompetent (well sorry but it's true) using google and need searching lessons. I've never had a problem finding ANYTHING on google and the longest search took me about 15 minutes and it was because of my mistake. It should never take you more than 5. So your statement of being unemployed or totally bored for searching for something is compeltely out of place. Learn to use google. There are books on the subject, check the one in "For the Dummies" series.

It's no problem :) You gave your opinion and did not insult anybody with it. There's no harm in that, it's actually welcome.

its really hard not agree with u... there is only one think about incompetence in using Google search engine... it isn't a problem /usually/ to find what u looking for, but since there is such amount of result on this particular subject, last thing i would like to do is to sign up with 1000s vps provider just in order to try them my self... id rather narrow my "checking up on em" by filtering "useless" providers... one of the way to achieve this is to ask for others conclusions, cos there is a good chance that someone come across "worthy" one.

any way i am DONE with this topic.

ubzen:

The Op could have simply answered his question by searching Google [...]

It's not that easy a question to answer. You tend to get what you pay for.

The first distinction is between a true VPS versus the pseudo-VPS offerings which are more like shared hosting. Most "free" broker VPS offerings are the latter. You don't get a virtual server all to yourself; you just get some sort of access to a copy of MT4 running remotely. That will be enough for many people, but it's much less flexible than a true VPS.

Then there are the differences between VPS products. With some providers, "1 processor" will mean something close to "1 physical processor core", whereas with others you may be getting as little as 10% of the processing power of a physical core. Again, this isn't going to matter very much if you are just running one copy of MT4 with some simple EAs in it, but you are likely to notice the difference if you want to use the VPS for backtesting. If vendor A charges $X and vendor B charges double that for what appears to be the same specification (e.g. "1 processor, 1GB RAM, 20GB disk"), then it probably means that vendor B is giving you more actual hardware.

And then there's the difference between VPS technologies. Personally, I'd want several stiff drinks before using anything Virtuozzo-based again. In my experience Xen- and HyperV-based platforms are a lot more reliable. Given a straight choice between those two, then - and this may start a fight - I'd pick HyperV based on my own personal experience from small sample of VPS vendors.

EDIT: And, in fact, there's another distinction. If you want the VPS for backtesting rather than continuous trading, or if you just want to dip your toe in the water without committing yourself to a monthly contract, then there are various pay-by-the-hour options such as Amazon EC2 or Flexiscale. These aren't cost-effective if you keep the server running 24x7, but they have potential uses for the sort of people who make up this forum.

Reason: