Short and simple q and a I think. . . - page 2

Greenstar:

I see a MetaEditor compiled HTML, a Metaeditor Application. That is in the same area as where the Experts file is. When I go into the Experts file and click on view - I see the Red Green with an .ex4 tag. It has a white sheet of paper next to it instead of a yellow triangle with an "!" inside it.
I will return, and go out now; back in several hours. I did everything again from the beginning, and still the Indicator "light" to the left (a kind of icon) indicates that the lights are "out" for that Red Green indicator in the Navigator section under Expert Advisors. I tried closing up everything in the Metaeditor (previously, I'd had tabs in the upper left side saying "red green"), and a couple of other ones which I do not know whether they are associated with the red green or not. I assume that they are NOT - as each indicator likely is self-contained. Anyway - f5 did not yield anything more than "compiling.... 0 errors" as before.

Greenstar:
I will return, and go out now; back in several hours. I did everything again from the beginning, and still the Indicator "light" to the left (a kind of icon) indicates that the lights are "out" for that Red Green indicator in the Navigator section under Expert Advisors. I tried closing up everything in the Metaeditor (previously, I'd had tabs in the upper left side saying "red green"), and a couple of other ones which I do not know whether they are associated with the red green or not. I assume that they are NOT - as each indicator likely is self-contained. Anyway - f5 did not yield anything more than "compiling.... 0 errors" as before.

just checked before leaving: This message has appeared in the Journal tab: "expert 'TDI Red Green' is an indicator, and cannot be executed. Hmmm.....

I downloaded it from your link and it works for me.

Let's redo the whole process from scratch.

1) Check your \experts folder. There should be no sign there of either TDI Red Green. mq4 nor TDI Red Green. ex4. If they are there, delete them.

2) Check your experts\indicators folder. There should be a TDI Red Green. mq4 file and possibly also the TDI Red Green. ex4 one. These are ok.

3) IF the .ex4 file in step 2) does not exist; open metaeditor. Close any and all files currently open in it. You don't need them. Check the navigator window, find the "indicators" folder. Find TDI Red Green. mq4 and double click, this will open the file. Once file is open, press F5. This compiles it and creates the .ex4 file - executable. You can check this in the folder.

4) Bring up the MetaTrader. In custom indicators find the TDI Red Green. It should have a nicely bright icon. You might have to restart MetaTrader if it wasnt freshly started (not sure about this, but MT4 has some nasty habits about refreshing folder data).

5) Add the indicator (drag n drop) to your chart.

6) Rejoice :)

forexCoder:

I downloaded it from your link and it works for me.

Let's redo the whole process from scratch.

1) Check your \experts folder. There should be no sign there of either TDI Red Green. mq4 nor TDI Red Green. ex4. If they are there, delete them.

2) Check your experts\indicators folder. There should be a TDI Red Green. mq4 file and possibly also the TDI Red Green. ex4 one. These are ok.

3) IF the .ex4 file in step 2) does not exist; open metaeditor. Close any and all files currently open in it. You don't need them. Check the navigator window, find the "indicators" folder. Find TDI Red Green. mq4 and double click, this will open the file. Once file is open, press F5. This compiles it and creates the .ex4 file - executable. You can check this in the folder.

4) Bring up the MetaTrader. In custom indicators find the TDI Red Green. It should have a nicely bright icon. You might have to restart MetaTrader if it wasnt freshly started (not sure about this, but MT4 has some nasty habits about refreshing folder data).

5) Add the indicator (drag n drop) to your chart.

6) Rejoice :)

#6 happening here ! When I went back and followed the steps, I found both the TDI Red Green and the TDI Red Green.ex4. Proceeded through the steps. Now for studying the thread i found it in; the original poster evidently is quite loved. He's older than many, probably, has been in the hospital and just got out; everyone is welcoming him back. ForexCoder, you have somehow bridged the gap between my mind and yours, as a forex coder, so there is hope for the world because you are in it.

That's a very high praise. Thank you very much for the kind words.

forexCoder:

3) After compiling F4 will open (if necessary) and switch to the Terminal.
4) If you compile, the Terminal has no problems. Only if you move a .ex4 to experts or indicators folder while the Terminal is open is it necessary to restart to refresh folder list.
Reason: