MT4 Tester uses current spread?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the MT4 Tester uses the current spread for the currency pair being tested?

I have noticed that on the weekends that my formulas don't seem to work so well.

I notice that currently the spread for AUD/USD is 108 on a Saturday night, and, when my EA places an order it is way past what I wanted to pay for it.

When I make my EA put a OP_BUYLIMIT instead of a OP_BUY it usually misses the order as I have an expiry on.

I wonder how anyone can get a complex EA going with MetaEditor and the Tester without years of experience!

Cheers,

Martin

Last known spread, yes.

I wonder how anyone can get a complex EA going with MetaEditor and the Tester without years of experience!

You don't.

For all that care to know I have found an interesting article on Changing Spread in MT4.

- Thanks forexCoder for your prompt reply.

mbirrell:
For all that care to know I have found an interesting article on Changing Spread in MT4.
Not necessary to use 208-209. Instead Running Tester with Custom Spread Setting??

Cool WHRoeder - I will give it a go next weekend.

Does anyone adjust their stop and risk when spread and/or volatility changes?

Personally I stay away from market when spread goes above a certain point. That's all that my logic checks. However I only check it when entering orders, not when exiting, maybe i should be checking that too. Opinions?

When the market gets to a certain level of volatility and spread I stand aside or reduce my exposure. When the market signals me to exit I do it no matter what - to hesitate invites disaster.

I exit either by code (preferably) or stop moving loss (which I think is a sloppy and lazy way to exit a trade).

Reason: