a simple question. will my EA still run even after I turn off my compueter? - page 2

Moneyzen:

Hi all. Just wanted to ask about how secure your Expert Advisors are after you build them on your computer. Will administrators of the MT4 or MT5 or anyone else on the network will have access to those EAs?

Not if they are on your computer.

I really doubt that anyone in MQL5 would want to test everyone's EAs to see if they are profitable anyway.

Sorry, another dumb question - in order for EA to work, do I need to have the chart where it is installed open or even if the chart is closed but MT4 is open on a different profile displaying a different chart the EA still works?
Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaTrader 5
Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Profiling means collecting program parameters during its execution. During a profiling, the execution time and the number of calls of individual functions and program code lines are measured. With this tool, the programmer is able to find and optimize the slowest code sections. Profiling can be performed on the normal chart of the trading...

Depends on how the EA is coded.

Of course you can not remove an EA and expect it to keep working 

Thank you Marco. Let me clarify - so the chart with EA has to be in the active profile and visible on the screen. Is that correct?

Let's say if I have 4 charts in the currently active profile and leave only one open, but the other one with EA is not visible/active now, will it work then?

The chart has to be open and the EA has to be loaded on the chart.

It does not have to be on top or visible it just have to be open.

Marco vd Heijden:

The chart has to be open and the EA has to be loaded on the chart.

It does not have to be on top or visible it just have to be open.

thank you

MY EA is still running even after i turend off the live trading, restarted mt4, deleted EA, uninstalled and installed mt4. But it still places trades. someone please help

Parth Gohil:
MY EA is still running even after i turend off the live trading, restarted mt4, deleted EA, uninstalled and installed mt4. But it still places trades. someone please help
change the Trader Password

Hello everybody.

Can someone tell me if my MT4/EA will keep running after i locked my computer (Win + L)? Thanks a lot for your help.

Jean-Paul:

the simple answer is no!

as long as your mt4 plattform is running the EA runs. as soon as you stop the plattform EA is off.

But there is a number of mt4 platforms that offer a Virtual Private Server, where you can host your EA (even free of charge)

so that your EA runs on a server. capacity, speed etc need to be verified, because if something is for free there may

be far to many EA running and your executions may be delayed or bad.

I run me EA on an old lap-top 24h/5 that is next to me in my office.

hope this helps

what if my mt4 on my phone is running, will the EA run? 

thx

Reason: