Chart Position

hi

I have profiles set up in MT4 to view the charts I want with certain indicators etc. My broker has finally added 2 pairs I have been waiting on and I have added them to my profiles. The only problem is that the new charts I have opened appear last in my window when I tile them. I like to keep them in alphabetical order so that when I scroll they scroll in order.

I have tried manually moving the charts to where I want, adjusting all of the others to accommodate. I then save the profile, but when I select tile horizontally, it puts them back at the end.

Is it possible to do what I am after?

regards

honkin

Below the charts are the tabs. Drag the tabs to the order you want and then window -> tile H/V

I know this is kind of a late response, but it made more sense to put it here than as a new post.

Like several of the other posters here I have been struggling with this problem of keeping charts in the correct order, dragging the tabs only works until you change profiles, when you return they rearrange to their "original" order.

My "solution" is to accept this original order. I create a new profile and launch the requisite number of charts (i.e. 9 charts, any time-frame, any currency pair) and tile them into position (Windows > Tile Horizontally/Vertically). This layout is the "original" order (the one they will keep trying to return to).

Then I go ahead and make my changes. If I want them alphabetical I drag the currency pair I want from the Market Watch to the charts in the order I want them, change any time-frames I want and add any indicators, templates, or EA's. When I am done i just save the profile.

Now when I am done working with them and re-tile them they always come back to this order. If I switch profiles and return, this is the order they will be in.

The only flaw i have found with this fix is that to add a chart anywhere but at the end I must go through the whole process again, as the added chart will always be at the end.

thanks,

dave

bdeyes:

I know this is kind of a late response, but it made more sense to put it here than as a new post.

Like several of the other posters here I have been struggling with this problem of keeping charts in the correct order, dragging the tabs only works until you change profiles, when you return they rearrange to their "original" order.

My "solution" is to accept this original order. I create a new profile and launch the requisite number of charts (i.e. 9 charts, any time-frame, any currency pair) and tile them into position (Windows > Tile Horizontally/Vertically). This layout is the "original" order (the one they will keep trying to return to).

Then I go ahead and make my changes. If I want them alphabetical I drag the currency pair I want from the Market Watch to the charts in the order I want them, change any time-frames I want and add any indicators, templates, or EA's. When I am done i just save the profile.

Now when I am done working with them and re-tile them they always come back to this order. If I switch profiles and return, this is the order they will be in.

The only flaw i have found with this fix is that to add a chart anywhere but at the end I must go through the whole process again, as the added chart will always be at the end.

thanks,

dave

The process should be much simpler, however you can tile charts in the order you want as follows:

Say you want 9 charts on one screen / profile. Open all the charts you want and arrange the tabs at the bottom in the order you want. Click on the last tab, then click Window & "Tile Windows" from the menu. This will place that chart 1st in the queue. Continue with each tab in turn, each time the chart becomes the first (top left corner), pushing the last chart down one position. Once you have completed the process the charts will be in order from top left (last chart selected) to bottom right (first chart selected). This layout is now stored in the current profile.

Hope that helps.

Reason: