MT4: Critical error after run expert advisor - what does it mean ?

Below is the error message after I've tried start the robot.

Has anybody any idea?

A) contacting your robot supplier *should* be your first attempt to fix this. However, as some robot suppliers are known to go deaf and blind after you have parted with your money ...

B) when you get the message, select and press ctl-C. This copies the ENTIRE message to clipboard

C) paste full message.

D) Do not expect us to be able fix the problem, but some of us here have a chance of being able to point you to likely causes or locations.

E) If it's in a DLL, it's very likely we will say (something like) "it crashing at offset 0x1234 in xyz.dll with an invalid address exception" (*)

(*) Apart from trying to debug no-source-code-DLLs, this is how you can tell statements by an accountant - they are correct in every detail, but no use to anyone.

*disclaimer* IANAAccountant, but my ex-brother-in-law is.

Judging from the address the crash happens in MT4 itself (its in the address range of the first module which is the .exe itself). This means without a stack trace its impossible to say who called the function that was causing it. And since MetaTrader no longer delivers a stack trace (AFAIR it used to do in earlier versions) it won't be easy to find the cause. And even if you have a stack trace then most likely only the author of the EA or of the faulty DLL can do anything to fix it.

puncher:

Below is the error message after I've tried start the robot.

Has anybody any idea?

Greetings,

I had some similar problem a while ago.

I was getting around the issue using "Run as administrator" for MT4.

The problem was solved when a new build of MT4 was released and installed in my PC.

Your build is 226, an old one. Nevertheless, you can expect other problems from the latest builds.

DO NOT install in \program files on Vista or Win 7. IBFX installer defaults to "C:\IBFX Trader 4"

brewmanz:

A) contacting your robot supplier *should* be your first attempt to fix this. However, as some robot suppliers are known to go deaf and blind after you have parted with your money ...

B) when you get the message, select and press ctl-C. This copies the ENTIRE message to clipboard

C) paste full message.

D) Do not expect us to be able fix the problem, but some of us here have a chance of being able to point you to likely causes or locations.

E) If it's in a DLL, it's very likely we will say (something like) "it crashing at offset 0x1234 in xyz.dll with an invalid address exception" (*)

(*) Apart from trying to debug no-source-code-DLLs, this is how you can tell statements by an accountant - they are correct in every detail, but no use to anyone.

*disclaimer* IANAAccountant, but my ex-brother-in-law is.

Hi brewmanz,

I attached TXT file with the critical error.

ad. A) the program works under XP or Windows 7 system

ad. B) on the attached txt file

ad. C) on the attached txt file

ad. D) sure

ad. E) there is no DLL attached

I 'm waiting for further assistant.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Puncher

Files:
Reason: