Survey: How many of you members of MQL4 are using an automatic trading algorithm, EA etc.?

Hi!

I'm writing a school paper about market attractiveness for automatic trading algorithms, EA's etc on Forex Exchange.

Since their are no surveys about this from what i have found(?). I would be very appreciated if I could ask you members on MQL4 community a couple of questions.

The goal of this surveys is to get a picture of how many retail investors that uses automatic trading algorithms, EA's etc. to enhance their revenues.

Please answer these short questions:

1. Are you using an algorithm, EA or other tool to help you improve your trades on FX?

2. If yes on questions 1, what kind of tool do you use (Automatic trading algorithm, EA, etc.)? And are you paying for this?

3. Would you be willingly to pay for such a tool, if yes how much (i.e. per month or one time cost)?

4. How big fraction of retail investors do you think uses a automatic trading algorithms, EA's etc. (I have no idea)?

All answers are of great value even if you don't use any automatic trading algorithms, EA's etc.

Best regards

1. Yes
  2. EA and OrderManager for my manual trading
  3. Yes, a) For an good working EA i find 1/12 of the yearly perfromance adequate
  4. No idea
Reason: