terminal.exe error on start-up

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this on, but if anyone has had a similar error, I would certainly appreciate some help. I have had MetaTrader4 installed on my PC for several years, haven't traded for about two years and went to open the platform up last week. After clicking the icon I get the following error message:

Terminal.exe:

A debugger has been found running on your system. Please, unload it from your memory and restart the program.

I originally got it when opening the MetaEditor as well, but when I clicked OK, the editor would open. Haven't had such luck with the MetaTrader4 platform. I have unistalled and reinstalled, tried MetaTrader5 as well, but same issue.

I am running Windows XP, 2002, Service Pack 2, with Symantec End Point Protection. I have disabled Symantec, run Spybot, Malwarbytes, but no luck with anything.

Thanks for any help.

MetaQuotes could easily fix this problem once and for all but they won't. It would involve admitting an erroneous management decision and the licensing dollars for some unneeded packer software would essentially be thrown out of the window for nothing and this simply cannot be allowed. Therefore it won't happen.

/me buying some popcorn and waiting for the official statement from MQ

7bit:

MetaQuotes could easily fix this problem once and for all but they won't. It would involve admitting an erroneous management decision and the licensing dollars for some unneeded packer software would essentially be thrown out of the window for nothing and this simply cannot be allowed. Therefore it won't happen.

/me buying some popcorn and waiting for the official statement from MQ

Just wanted to say thanks-NOT, to the great tech support at MetaSofware. The actual response I got from them was:

Check all your running programs. It seems to me that one of your program have debug function. Please unload it from your memory.

Really??? I am not a computer programmer, but I can read. I'm pretty sure that is the exact same error message I get when attempting to open the application. If I knew which program was running the debug function or how to identify that, I'd close/remove it. If they can't solve the problem or aren't willing to assist, and it sounds like I am not the first person to have this issue, I will download another platform and happily give them the spread on every trade I make.

Reason: