Cannot get metatrader 4 to connect on pc???

ok so I downloaded mt4(demo) to my laptop, works fine, downloaded to pc (samehouse) no connection to any server, will not even search?????

Ive deleted, it, changed firewall settings, swapped files from laptop( the whole config folder), loaded into another destination.....still no connection

Tried several servers

Laptop is off too

Any help? would be sweeet

cheers kieran

When you copy the entire folder to another location you need to re-enter the username and password

Thanks for reply

Yeah ive tried that

try to ping to server

Alpari asked me to do that

Tried with 3 different ip's....

Do you know anything about the registry keys? is that holding it offline?

kiewong:

Alpari asked me to do that

Tried with 3 different ip's....

& ?

Do you know anything about the registry keys? is that holding it offline?

what registry keys ? ?

pings fine

Im not entirely sure about keys? this what i found...and it didnt work?

Live Account Trouble Shooting:
17. I can’t login?
  • Ensure that you are logging in with your account number only (not the – ERDY) and using your Master Password. Select ‘File’, then ‘Login’ to enter this information and choose the MB Trading MT4 Live Server option.
  • Are you trying to login to a different computer than the one you originally set MT4 up on? If so you will need to transfer your RSA Key from that computer to your secondary system:
  • Go to c:/program files/MBT-MetaTrader 4/config on computer number 1, once you have located this file on your computer e-mail the Key file (which should contain your account number and the phrase ‘MBTrading-Live Server’) to yourself and open the email on computer 2. Once it is on computer 2 save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it into the \config folder, (c:/program files/ MBT-MetaTrader 4/config). After this is done you should be able to login to your account on both computers.

not sure but try

if u using win7 or vista

try to copy the terminal (entire folder) to another location (not Program files & not windows)

Pc is xp, laptop vista

yeah ive tried that still not happening, very annoying lol

Thanks for help

try to put the ip Instead of the server name

for example 62.213.101.145:443

Already done that...its not even trying to connect???

Reason: