How can I remove an old version of EA? - page 2

Nah. i don't use such a failover solution. I am not such paranoid. But i get a sms when my server is not reachable.

But if i would, my backup EA's would only close orders.

Thanks for answers! I have MT4 on a VPS and I access it from different PC’s, but only to monitor it, not to run EA from different PC (at least this is my intention!). But probably I did a mistake... 

Zzuegg, in order to verify “if there is an unfinished terminal.exe process” as you said, it is enough to check: TaskManager/Processes and Applications?    

I already reinstalled MT4 on VPS, let’s see what will happen…

vally:

Thanks for answers! I have MT4 on a VPS and I access it from different PC’s, but only to monitor it, not to run EA from different PC (at least this is my intention!). But probably I did a mistake...

Zzuegg, in order to verify “if there is an unfinished terminal.exe process” as you said, it is enough to check: TaskManager/Processes and Applications?

I already reinstalled MT4 on VPS, let’s see what will happen…

Yes. Since you are using a VPS, are you shure you have not running the EA on a local copy of metatrader connected to the same account. Because from the log it seems that its not the same terminal who opens the other orders.

vally:

But, somehow, the old version still sends orders by his own rules! Even if is NOT attach to any chart! Please help to remove it!

Not possible.

Either you have two terminals running (close and verify with Task Manager or command line 'tasklist|find "term" -')

Or you have a hidden chart (Window -> Tile)

After I reinstall the MT4 on VPS (and also on demo account on my PC), the problem still existed but in other form: the EA open simultaneously 2 orders instead of one.

In ‘TaskManager/Processes’ there was only one ‘terminal.exe’ but when I check from outside with ‘VPS ControlPanel ->System Processes’ there were 2! I do not understand why in task manager was only one, always I login VPS as administrator …    

Anyway, it seems that the problem is now solved. Thanks all of you for help!

vally:

After I reinstall the MT4 on VPS (and also on demo account on my PC), the problem still existed but in other form: the EA open simultaneously 2 orders instead of one.

In ‘TaskManager/Processes’ there was only one ‘terminal.exe’ but when I check from outside with ‘VPS ControlPanel ->System Processes’ there were 2! I do not understand why in task manager was only one, always I login VPS as administrator …

Anyway, it seems that the problem is now solved. Thanks all of you for help!

The reason is because you are 2 times logged in as administrator, restart the VPS, & the next time u login don't close the connection on your computer (on your side) use logout @ the VPS (on the VPS side)
Reason: