Can my broker see the detail of my EA?

Dear all

I am new in MQL4 programming and would like to have your help, please.

The first thing I want to know is whether my broker can see the detail of my EA if I put it in demo account or even real account to run it?

If yes, is there any method to avoid it???

Otherwise, the broker will be the most smart trader in the world (if he would like to be).

On the other hand, is it common to find someone else to write the EA for the trader if he is not good at writing MQL4? Anything that the trader should concern if he would like to do it?

Thanks for your kind help.

Wing

i don't know but it does't matter, because even if he can't read the EA, he can do a search, which account earn money, and build a program to do exactly the same trades

When you buy is buying and when you sell is selling....

qjol:

i don't know but it does't matter, because even if he can't read the EA, he can do a search, which account earn money, and build a program to do exactly the same trades

When you buy is buying and when you sell is selling....

qjol,

thanks for your reply.

apart from it, I would also want to know whether it's common to ask someone to write the EA for a trader.

Hope there is someone here who can provide me more details about this issue.

wing

wing:

[...] The first thing I want to know is whether my broker can see the detail of my EA if I put it in demo account or even real account to run it?

No.

wing:

apart from it, I would also want to know whether it's common to ask someone to write the EA for a trader.

Very common, but no slaves here. Either learn to code or pay someone.

gordon,

thanks for your reply. On the other hand, any explanation on your answer? or it is only a guess?

WHRoder,

thanks for your reply too. If I finally choose to pay someone to write for me, what should I concern most?

For instance, if I cant code it myself, I will have no idea whether the EA wrote by others are correct or is totally fit my need, right?

is that only thing I can do is to trust him???

wing

wing:

gordon,

thanks for your reply. On the other hand, any explanation on your answer? or it is only a guess?

There are no such known facilities in the MT4 Terminal. There are urban myths and conspiracy theories flying around the forums that brokers can magically 'suck' your EA through the connection, but IMHO that's a load of BS. Given how popular MT4 is, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep such a thing a secret (IMHO).

wing:

[...]

thanks for your reply too. If I finally choose to pay someone to write for me, what should I concern most?

For instance, if I cant code it myself, I will have no idea whether the EA wrote by others are correct or is totally fit my need, right?

You should read the article 'An Expert Advisor Made to Order - Manual for a Trader'. Also, consider using the new Jobs section at MQL5.com -> 'How to Order a Trading Robot in MQL5 and MQL4'.

wing:

WHRoder,

wing

And if he does it free you should not trust him? open a demo account & check it first

wing:

Otherwise, the broker will be the most smart trader in the world (if he would like to be).

No.

Because this would mean that you were able to make a profitable EA that is so good that the broker could not come up with the same idea himself in 5 minutes or use one of the 1001 freely available EAs that are similar or identical to yours or even better (most likely). This EA would have to be so good that the broker would no longer need to continue running a brokerage and instead just trade your EA on his own. You would be the ultimate coder and the first person on earth to actually find the holy grail.

Since this assumption is guaranteed to be wrong you can be assured that the broker is not interested at all in yet another badly coded break-even EA by yet another programming newbie like you.

I know that it hurts but it is the truth.

7bit:

No.

Because this would mean that you were able to make a profitable EA that is so good that the broker could not come up with the same idea himself in 5 minutes or use one of the 1001 freely available EAs that are similar or identical to yours or even better (most likely). This EA would have to be so good that the broker would no longer need to continue running a brokerage and instead just trade your EA on his own. You would be the ultimate coder and the first person on earth to actually find the holy grail.

Since this assumption is guaranteed to be wrong you can be assured that the broker is not interested at all in yet another badly coded break-even EA by yet another programming newbie like you.

I know that it hurts but it is the truth.

7bit

thanks for your reply.

in fact, you misunderstand my meaning. "broker will be the most smart trader" is not because of my EA. it is because if he can see the details of EA from traders, he can choose the most profitable EAs among all traders so that he can finally become the most smart trader.

wil

Reason: