retrieving supertrend color in a variable?

hi!

im quite new at coding and i discover many new features every day. i use to find my answers by googling but here im stuck with a -rather simple for experienced programmers- issue.

id like to get the color of supertrend in a variable, to trigger orders. i just dont find any info about this kind of operation anywhere...

im using the "SuperTrend.mq4" found on this reference website. i tried to understand the code by myself but i have to admit i havent understood a single thing in it...

thanks a lot!!!

den

You don't. You use iCustom to get the buffer values. One color will be buffer 0, the other buffer 1. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/128838

? how can i can those values? i know i can use icustom to get values of the supertrend, but how the color? can you give me an example? thanks again!!

could anyone explain this? it sounds like using icustom in reverse mode?!

i want a variable that says : "supertrend is green" or "red", so i have to get back the buffer value.

maybe i should be calling 2 supertrends (one in mode 0, one in mode 1) and discard one "obviously wrong" value, thus knowing wich mode is the good one at the moment??? is it a good way or is there a better option?

as u can c here

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE, 0, 2);
   SetIndexBuffer(0, TrendUp);
   SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_LINE, 0, 2);
   SetIndexBuffer(1, TrendDown);

Buffer 0 is green

& Buffer 1 is red

i made something approaching what i want but i cant understand the behaviour of this EA : its following supertrend switches sometimes, but it also reacts when the market reaches supertrend value...

here are the interresting lines of this code :

//green supertrend and previous value

double super0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",0,1);
double prevsuper0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",0,2);

//red supertrend and previous value

double super1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",1,1);
double prevsuper1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",1,2);

// turns to red

if ((super1!=2147483647) && (prevsuper1==2147483647)) Order=SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY;

if ((super1!=2147483647) && (prevsuper1==2147483647)) Order=SIGNAL_SELL;

//turns to green

if ((super0!=2147483647) && (prevsuper0==2147483647)) Order=SIGNAL_CLOSESELL;

if ((super0!=2147483647) && (prevsuper0==2147483647)) Order=SIGNAL_BUY;

i also wonder why this weird value of 2147483647 when the line isnt of the same color as the buffer, instead of a clean EMPTY_VALUE...

thanks again!!!

when i say "the EA reacts", it means it was supposed to keep the order runing until the new color change, and when the market price reaches supertrend, the EA dismisses the order...very strange_ i tried to spot the value of supertrend at this moment, and theres apparently nothing wrong ( like a micropscopic color change i would not have seen)

by the way, supertrend isnt supposed to make such tiny flips.

any idea??

clean EMPTY_VALUE... Gives the result of 2147483647

thanks for the hint!

is it possible that the supertrend dispayed on the graph is just an approximation? i just cant understand why the ea ignores some color changes, or why it closes orders in the middle of nowhere?!

I must tell you something, The EA is doing exactly what he was told to do, he is not doing anything what is not written in, so if there's a problem, that can only on the programmers hand

im pretty sure about this! nevertheless, the piece of code i use is pretty simple -i could even say binary! ;) - . my guess is that in the supertrend indicator itself, theres a little something wich makes that if the market value goes over the supertrend, the return variable is the market value, not the supertrend, and therefore it acts as if the supertrend changed of color (theres a value instead of none). maybe i should fix the indicator itself...but i dont understand it, its still too complex for me...
Reason: