Multi currency Indicator - Help

Hi,
Is it possible to code multi currency indicator?

I tried iClose but it returns 0 for all currencies except the one the indicator attached to.

Whats the proper way to do it?

Thanks!

From what I hear, Not in mt4, unless you use a .csv file or external data. You should be able to do such with mt5. However I have no personal experience.

Yeah; I have multicurrency indicators.

It is possible to create your own.

Do your own homework because I ain't selling my proprietary system.

1) i sugest to overread ckingher's posts by default (sorry, but your "semi" philosophical, offending post do not help at anyone, this is a forum for developers)

2) i have tested the iClose with other currencys. for me it seems to work. i have attached a very very very easy indicator, which shows 3 graphs of 3 different currencys. nothing usefull to trade, but only to show that multicurreny indicators work.

. are you shure you inserted the correct string for the currency's? some brokers, use pre/posfixes.. so check that.

Files:
multicurr.mq4  3 kb

The biggest problem with multi-currency is to establish a line of communications between the EA on each of the charts and some central location or entity that monitors those communications. So if you could write a dll that would handle communications between EA's that is reliable, you would have 90% of any multi-currency program solved.

I would start with building the communications module between them first. It could be a controlling EA on a blank chart that just sits there and monitors for incoming messages and outgoing messages.

Don't rely on GlobalVariables becuase simply put it is not reliable.

Thanks guys!

zzuegg:

2) i have tested the iClose with other currencys. for me it seems to work. i have attached a very very very easy indicator, which shows 3 graphs of 3 different currencys. nothing usefull to trade, but only to show that multicurreny indicators work.

Zzuegg, using your example i realized that when i use iClose it gives me the correct value of any currency. But! when i divide two iClose calls it gives me a "Zero divide" error.

I'm attaching a sample.

Thanks again for your help.

Files:

msbusinessil:

Thanks guys!

Zzuegg, using your example i realized that when i use iClose it gives me the correct value of any currency. But! when i divide two iClose calls it gives me a "Zero divide" error.

I'm attaching a sample.

Thanks again for your help.

Found the issue!

Not all currencies have the same Bars number. Some have 5000 and other 2500 and so on. Hence, if you attach the indicator to rich bar chart, others will return 0 for those bars that they don't have.

msbusinessil:

Not all currencies have the same Bars number.

iBars()
Reason: