please help!!!! using the same account on different computers

hello, I have a demo account that I used for 2 months in my laptop. However, my laptop collapsed yesterday( metatrader 4 was open at that time) and I downloaded metatrader 4 to my other computer but I can only see my positions. I could not buy-sell anything and could not close the positions that I opened before the accident. Can anybody suggest what should I do? I know my account number and passwords(master and investor). Thank you...

ountain802:

hello, I have a demo account that I used for 2 months in my laptop. However, my laptop collapsed yesterday( metatrader 4 was open at that time) and I downloaded metatrader 4 to my other computer but I can only see my positions. I could not buy-sell anything and could not close the positions that I opened before the accident. Can anybody suggest what should I do? I know my account number and passwords(master and investor). Thank you...

Are you sure you have the trader password instead of investor password ?

My MT4 has got itself corrupted a couple of times and it randomly changed either the account number or the password (I can't remember which). I had to delete that account in the account from the "accounts" view in MT4 and re-enter the data.

Your problem is not the same and I think Matutin's answer is probably right. I have run two computers on the same account login at the same time (with Alpari UK) and both computers can both see and delete the orders.

Matutin:

Are you sure you have the trader password instead of investor password ?

I have two passwords; master and investor, I tried all of them but I could not give new order. I think the problem is that when you open an account information about this account is saved into the config folder but I could not achieve to this folder because of the collapse of my laptop. For using the same account on different computers, you should copy some folders and load it to the other computer. However, in my case I could not do that. Thank you....

ountain802:

I have two passwords; master and investor, I tried all of them but I could not give new order. I think the problem is that when you open an account information about this account is saved into the config folder but I could not achieve to this folder because of the collapse of my laptop. For using the same account on different computers, you should copy some folders and load it to the other computer. However, in my case I could not do that. Thank you....

I use lots of different accounts on 3 different computers and I have never had to copy anything from one comp to another. It is not neccessary if you have the "master" password.

Just my 0.02€

/ McKeen

McKeen:

I use lots of different accounts on 3 different computers and I have never had to copy anything from one comp to another. It is not neccessary if you have the "master" password.

Just my 0.02€

/ McKeen

thank you for your responses, but I have demo account through Teletrade dj and the metatrade 4 did not accept my master password it only accepted my investor password. Therefore, I could not give new order, just watch it :(

It's a demo account, open a new one.

WHRoeder:
It's a demo account, open a new one.

I know but I must use the previous one for some reasons. Thank you anyway.
Reason: