Videos - Intro to EA programming

Does anyone know if there are any Introduction to EA Programming videos out there.

Have been trying to learn MQL4 language but finding it a bit hard without someone actually showing me how to do it via the books. Are there any video training courses out there. I live in Sydney Australia and there doesnt seem to be much publicised seminars/courses - does anyone know of any other seminars/courses in their cities ?

Given the numerous amount of Newbies questions on this forum, it would be great if this forum had video tutorials online to show beginners the basics of programming etc. I would be happy to pay for such courses and I am sure there are many newbies out there like me who would do the same, such that the price can be kept low enough to make it viable to produce it. I am sure if you put a couple of videos online with a password it would work. People would send payment and get a 30 day password to view the videos etc...

Interesting to know what people think of this idea ? Would it be viable ?

I have a suggestion, maybe you can try enrolling into a programming class in Sydney. Another would be, instead of searching online for mql programming videos, maybe you could search for general programming videos. The concepts don't change much and easy to transfer.

Find a good tutorial for a programming language (Java or C++ are going to be your best bets). Then, once you have a decent understanding of the language and of programming, download source code from the code base. It could be an indicator, EA, script - it really doesn't matter. Go through the code, line by line, and try to figure out what the code does. If you don't understand something, consult the docs. Once you can read through an entire source file, consider yourself MQL4 trained. Now that I think about it, I'd go with a C++ tutorial. For MQL4, all you really need is:

Do I know what a function is? Can I tell the difference between an argument, parameter, function definition, and function call?

Can I define a local and global variable?

Do I know all the control structures (if, while, for, etc.)?

Am I capable of consulting and understanding the doc when I need a library function?

Do I know what the data types in MQL4 are?

There might be more, but that's all I can think of. Good luck.

Reason: