Quick Question

Searched for this but couldn't find a straight out answer

does MODE_TICKSIZE indicate if the broker uses 4 or 5 decimal points on the EURUSD?

When I check MODE_TICKSIZE on my current broker on the EURUSD, it comes back "0.0001" -- four digits, and indeed my broker only uses four digits on the EURUSD. However I can't think of any 5 digit brokers atm, and dont really wanna open up a new account just to find out. Can anybody who has a 5 digit broker on EURUSD verify that you get" 0.00001" when you check MODE_TICKSIZE?

MODE_DIGIT is for digits...

MODE_TICKSIZE is for pair tickvalue converted back to account currency....

IF THIS DOES NOT HELP YOU UNDERSTAND, THEN PLEASE DO MORE HOMEWORK....

In actual fact, ckingher is inaccurate.

Use MODE_DIGITS (not MODE_DIGIT) to return the number of digits after the decimal point. Alternatively, the variable Digits will return this value for the current symbol.

MODE_TICKSIZE will usually return the same value as MODE_POINT (or Point for the current symbol), however, an example of where to use MODE_TICKSIZE would be as part of a ratio with MODE_TICKVALUE when performing money management calculations which need to take account of the pair and the account currency. The reason I use this ratio is that although TV and TS may constantly be returned as something like 7.00 and 0.00001 respectively, I've seen this (intermittently) change to 14.00 and 0.00002 respectively (just example tick values to illustrate).

CB

Thanks for the correction.

Spelling mistake and a little generalization on my part.

However, he needs to do his homework.

You spoil people too much....people get lazy that way...

Thanks for the head up CB
Reason: