icustom query

Hello,

A non programmer here:

Ive created a new EA template and I am trying to incorporate the iCustom function with multiple time frames. I have copied the all external variables from the custom indicator into the iCustom line .

Below are the extern variables that appear in the indicator.

extern bool Sound.Alert = false ;

extern bool Show.Pips = true ;

extern int myChartX = -130 ;

extern int myChartY = -30 ;

extern int myCorner = 4 ;

extern string myFont = "Impact" ;

extern int myFontSize = 10 ;

extern string Symbols = "" ;

extern int myPeriod = 0;

extern int my_bars = 100;

extern int iPeriods = 5;

extern color colorHD = DarkGray ;

extern color colorBreakOutUp = White;

extern color colorBreakOutDn = Black ;

extern color colorRetraceUp = Blue;

extern color colorRetraceDn = Red ;

extern color colorEq = DimGray ;

My questions are:

1. I'm trying to use the above indicator so that when there is a blue arrow appearing on the 5min, 15min, 30min and 60 min timeframes the EA signals a "BUY", and a Red arrow on the same time frames for a "SELL".

2, How would I phrase this in the iCustom function?

3. Is there anything else I have to adjust in the EA code?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

The mode parameter of icustom refers to the indicator buffers. You will need to point to which buffer you are after, consider what it is outputting and go from there. icustom will work basically like any other "i" function call in the EA so you can code in the same way as normal.... although I agree, thiscode for iCustom is going to be pretty long!

V

Hello there is no SetIndexBuffer in this code, what would I use for the buffer values in the MODE section of iCustom?

The closest thing to buffer is:

int ind_bufferOp[] ;

&

double TheBuffer, close, high, low ;

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

But to be an indicator, by definition, it will have an output. When it's attached to a chart, there will be values shown in the Data Window. Those are the buffers in order 0 to n. when you load the indicator, the colours tab will also show the buffers (colours) in order. And the inputs will show you the externs.

V

Viffer,

Only the indicator name comes up with no Value (data window) . other indicators have value2,3,4,5..... Does that mean that it cannot be used in iCustom?

Others may correct me, but if it doesn't output anything, then afaik, it's not an indicator, in which case it can't be used with icustom. I can only assume it's an EA that draws objects on the chart.

V

EDIT: Sorry, just to confirm... are you saying rhe name appears in the data window but has no value against it? An EA wouldn't show up in the data window anywhere.

Viffer I'm sending you the code if you don't mind looking at it. yes just the name of the indicator is present in the data window.

Looks like an EA to me. All this EA is doing is drawing arrows and sending alerts. There is also an iCustom call to an indicator in the function dowork(). I suspect that embedding trading code (assuming that's what your trying to do) inside start() is you best bet.

Thanks a lot!
Reason: