More markets, more problems...

Good day fellow traders and traderesses,

I just tried to run >15 instances of an EA in a single terminal and then it crashed. I had no problems running 10 instances and up to 5 terminals on this machine for months now.

So my question is, if there's a known inefficency in the terminal? What are your experiences?

(If not then it's probably about my EAs...)

Good trades everyone!

I've ran 22 EA's simultaneously within the same terminal without any issues. If there is an EA count limit it would appear to be higher than 22.

When you say "it crashed" what exactly is "it"? The EA, the terminal, the OS? And what manner of "crash" are we talking about? Was an error window of some sort presented by windows? Did you review the admin log report?

Right, "crashing" is not very precise. The terminal window froze and CPU usage climbed up to 100%. After watching this for a while I killed the task.

Then I dropped some visualisations and now it works. I think it's about the hardware. I'll get a new machine. I really don't want to miss these visualizations (mainly the indicators I use in my EA).

You say you ran 22 instances, that's good to know. Although I feel like after 10 or so instances I'll start to become confused, mix up windows and stuff like that. The tiny scroll-thingy in the tab-bar is just not the best solution to navigate between so many tabs.

> Then I dropped some visualisations

If I want visible indicators I use additional instances, usually on another machine or VPS, separate from any live account EA's

-BB-

Right, that's a valid point.

BB: Up to how many instances do you run in a single terminal?

schnappi:

BB: Up to how many instances do you run in a single terminal?

Up to about 12 IIRC, the limit to consider may not be how many you can load but how many can the strategy & MT support down a single order channel...?

Where I have eg an instance of an EA on 8 pairs that all place an order at the same time, you will definitely have to handle the IsTradeBusy....

So to scale out you have to look at open/close times muliplied by the number of EA's trying to access the broker...

So more MT instances gives more order handling 'bandwidth' - at the cost of more RAM used, more crucial, typically, on a VPS...

-BB-

> Then I dropped some visualisations

Reduce bars on chart

BB: What's "IIRC"?

WHR: good idea! Thanks!

What's "IIRC"?

If I Remember Correctly :)

Reason: