jenral question about mt4

hi ..

i have jenral question about mt4 platfrome please answer it

1 what is the minimum internet speed requried to run all fucations and operations in mt4 platfrome ? mobile gprs,broadband & dial up ( chart, bid ask price, trade )

2 in between the candle stick and line chart which take the minimum ya maximum speed to run the update ?

3 in the market watch when i will add more than 100 script it will take more speed to update isen't it ya not ?

4 is theire any limit off using maximum chart ? ( when i open the more than 16 chart runtime then my terminal hangup for 1 mintes for that asking ya its my pc problem ?

5 when i place the instant excuation order to excute then it will take some times 2 second and some time 5-10 second why was this problem ?, is this my sercevie provider problem ya market volatility problem ya any other?

6 what was the process happend when i place the order ( e trading ) ( start to end) ( my terminal to delar terminal ) ?

7 is theire any draw back ( disadvantage ) off mt4 ?

8 in which which operating systeam support the mt4 platfrome ?

9 when i open new chart first time in terminal it will says wait for update for avodie it i have to download the histry off all script ya any other soulatios ya wait for update ?

10 in connecation status it will show like this 9/ 15 like this i dont the meaning off it waht was it ? and what was ideal speeed need for it

11 is theire any delay off data feed from my mt4 services provider ?

BABABABA10:

hi ..

i have jenral question about mt4 platfrome please answer it

1 what is the minimum internet speed requried to run all fucations and operations in mt4 platfrome ? mobile gprs,broadband & dial up ( chart, bid ask price, trade )

2 in between the candle stick and line chart which take the minimum ya maximum speed to run the update ?

3 in the market watch when i will add more than 100 script it will take more speed to update isen't it ya not ?

4 is theire any limit off using maximum chart ? ( when i open the more than 16 chart runtime then my terminal hangup for 1 mintes for that asking ya its my pc problem ?

5 when i place the instant excuation order to excute then it will take some times 2 second and some time 5-10 second why was this problem ?, is this my sercevie provider problem ya market volatility problem ya any other?

6 what was the process happend when i place the order ( e trading ) ( start to end) ( my terminal to delar terminal ) ?

7 is theire any draw back ( disadvantage ) off mt4 ?

8 in which which operating systeam support the mt4 platfrome ?

9 when i open new chart first time in terminal it will says wait for update for avodie it i have to download the histry off all script ya any other soulatios ya wait for update ?

10 in connecation status it will show like this 9/ 15 like this i dont the meaning off it waht was it ? and what was ideal speeed need for it

11 is theire any delay off data feed from my mt4 services provider ?

1. It's not about bandwidth (usually referred to as 'speed'), but about latency. The type of internet connection is only one factor that affects latency.
  2. They are both updated on each incoming tick... No difference.
  3. This shouldn't be a problem with most internet connections.
  4. Depends on system resources (memory...).
  5. Many factors affect this (including all those u mentioned). I can't say which one is the prominent one in your case...
  6. Don't understand the question.
  7. Many...
  8. Windows, but people have been able to run it on Mac and Linux... Search.
  9. No... Takes time to download those bars u see on the screen...
  10. Download/Upload.
  11. Yes... See latency.

gordon:
  1. It's not about bandwidth (usually referred to as 'speed'), but about latency. The type of internet connection is only one factor that affects latency.
  2. They are both updated on each incoming tick... No difference.
  3. This shouldn't be a problem with most internet connections.
  4. Depends on system resources (memory...).
  5. Many factors affect this (including all those u mentioned). I can't say which one is the prominent one in your case...
  6. Don't understand the question.
  7. Many...
  8. Windows, but people have been able to run it on Mac and Linux... Search.
  9. No... Takes time to download those bars u see on the screen...
  10. Download/Upload.
  11. Yes... See latency.

ok thnks for reply

i got answer some question but some r remaning pleas answer it

1 meta trader has defined any standerd speed/latency/bandwidth for running the applcation ?

2 i dont understand what was the latency.works in question no. 11

3 can u explain me how should i get the dely time form my data services provider ?

4 what was factors related to quesytion no.5 ?

5 can u please mentation the mt4 drawback ?

6 is pc configration matter the run mt4 treminal ? (if then what was standerd as per u expernince )

- mangesh sonawane

BABABABA10:

1 meta trader has defined any standerd speed/latency/bandwidth for running the applcation ?

2 i dont understand what was the latency.works in question no. 11

3 can u explain me how should i get the dely time form my data services provider ?

4 what was factors related to quesytion no.5 ?

5 can u please mentation the mt4 drawback ?

6 is pc configration matter the run mt4 treminal ? (if then what was standerd as per u expernince )

1. No. Being a Retail platform, it's designed to be 'slow' - it can handle just about any bandwidth/latency... (although in rare cases u might run into troubles like this -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/118546).
  2. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126112.
  3. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126112/page2#324205.
  4. Latency, Server load (varies at different times of the day, during news, etc.), broker's fill times (this changes between brokers and depends on many factors), etc.
  5. I'll mention the major ones (as I see it) - Tester does not support multiple-asset or tick data, Terminal only supports single account and single trade context, for certain projects MQL4 is too limited, platform is 'slow' and gives way too much power to the brokers (for better or worse).
  6. MT4 is extremely light on resources... Unless u r using an antique or have an extremely complex CPU intensive EA, u'll be fine.

gordon:
  1. No. Being a Retail platform, it's designed to be 'slow' - it can handle just about any bandwidth/latency... (although in rare cases u might run into troubles like this -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/118546).
  2. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126112.
  3. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126112/page2#324205.
  4. Latency, Server load (varies at different times of the day, during news, etc.), broker's fill times (this changes between brokers and depends on many factors), etc.
  5. I'll mention the major ones (as I see it) - Tester does not support multiple-asset or tick data, Terminal only supports single account and single trade context, for certain projects MQL4 is too limited, platform is 'slow' and gives way too much power to the brokers (for better or worse).
  6. MT4 is extremely light on resources... Unless u r using an antique or have an extremely complex CPU intensive EA, u'll be fine.

thnks for reply mr gordon

ok few more questions

1 as above 6 no. MT4 is extremely light on resources... Unless u r using an antique or have an extremely complex CPU intensive EA, u'll be fine

is that means when we are using indicator and ea it will take more ram speed ( CPU USAGE in % )

2 extremely complex EA measn if ea have large number off data coded it will affect pc while using it simaltences on more chart ?

3 where should i get more infor about publisher menu ? ( mt4 - tools - options- publisher )

4 is theire any software that will copy mt4 live / offline trade and account history into the excel ya any other format ?

BABABABA10:

ok few more questions

1 as above 6 no. MT4 is extremely light on resources... Unless u r using an antique or have an extremely complex CPU intensive EA, u'll be fine

is that means when we are using indicator and ea it will take more ram speed ( CPU USAGE in % )

2 extremely complex EA measn if ea have large number off data coded it will affect pc while using it simaltences on more chart ?

3 where should i get more infor about publisher menu ? ( mt4 - tools - options- publisher )

4 is theire any software that will copy mt4 live / offline trade and account history into the excel ya any other format ?

5 when we r using ea with trading then some technial ( electcity ya any other ) problem comes and pc will get the restart then we have to ones aging start teeminal is theire any software ya any command that will start auto the mt4 terminal when pc will get ther restart ?

( we will not all the time in front off the pc then we can run the terminal but when we r not in front off pc it will comes problem so asking. )

BABABABA10:

ok few more questions

5 when we r using ea with trading then some technial ( electcity ya any other ) problem comes and pc will get the restart then we have to ones aging start teeminal is theire any software ya any command that will start auto the mt4 terminal when pc will get ther restart ?

( we will not all the time in front off the pc then we can run the terminal but when we r not in front off pc it will comes problem so asking. )

1. That depends on the specific EA(s), Indicator(s) used... No generalization can be made.
  2. More code does not necessarily mean the EA would use more resources. Again - this is EA specific.
  3. Press F1 to open the help file and search for 'publisher'.
  4. Search for 'DDE' in the forum or in the Help file.
  5. There are many guides for how to setup MT4 on a VPS that explain this extensively. Google 'mt4 vps guide'. Note that the EA should be designed for this...

gordon:
  1. That depends on the specific EA(s), Indicator(s) used... No generalization can be made.
  2. More code does not necessarily mean the EA would use more resources. Again - this is EA specific.
  3. Press F1 to open the help file and search for 'publisher'.
  4. Search for 'DDE' in the forum or in the Help file.
  5. There are many guides for how to setup MT4 on a VPS that explain this extensively. Google 'mt4 vps guide'. Note that the EA should be designed for this...

ok thnks for reply mr. gordon

BABABABA10:

ok thnks for reply mr. gordon

I agree, thank you very much for the replies,

best wishes, Helmut

engcomp:

I agree, thank you very much for the replies,

best wishes, Helmut

to mr. gordon

(More code does not necessarily mean the EA would use more resources. Again - this is EA specific)

means which ea codes will take more time to complie / decomplie process that was the complex EA same for indicator ? ya any other resaon

Reason: