Anyone know how to "unselect" an object programmatically ?

I have GUI with many objects.

Looks great when label text and other graphical label objects first plotted on start up...

Once the objects start to get selected so can be dragged to another window region and finally, once the code moves the object back 'home', the selected box is left.

Now..., the setup looks less great... with various objects 'at home' but with the selected borders on.

Ideas???

The only thing that comes to mind is to delete and recreate the object instead of modifying. I understand this isn't the most favorable solution.

Russell wrote >>
The only thing that comes to mind is to delete and recreate the object instead of modifying. I understand this isn't the most favorable solution.

Hey Russell - I am guilty of gross misread of my code. I have function to move an object 'home' and I finally realized that delete is needed - then recreate at it's home X,Y coords.

I had done just that, but am using data arrays for all objects properties, so need use an object id to 'get at' the correct objName via names array.

Hahaaa... my eyes failed to see that all had coded in was the object id as the name! and of course the delete never worked and I auto assumed that was no way could deselect it!

Just goes to show that 99.999..% time is GIGO and no way mql's fault!

No... is not favorable solution - I always thot would be great to expand the Object[Set,Get] a bit more to allow for such info. Oh well.

Must be time for a break :)

thanx for such quick reply

8) When I was coder (web development) my colleagues often had to remind me of all kinds of functionality I already had build into some kind of module. I only remembered the overall structure.

But yeah, I struggled with that one too, but didn't have a real motivation to solve it.

Reason: