Refreshrates() - page 2

jjc:

Not sure about that [...]

I have seen it happen with unnormalized prices as well... It's also documented:

ERR_INVALID_PRICE129Invalid bid or ask price, perhaps, unnormalized price. After 5-second (or more) delay, it is necessary to refresh data using the RefreshRates function and make a retry. If the error does not disappear, all attempts to trade must be stopped, the program logic must be changed.

gordon:
No... It just updated the predefined variables with the latest price. It does not cause the Terminal to get the latest price.

Yes, what I meant was "... your EA.. ", subtle difference but yours I'm sure are categorically right.

gordon:

I have seen it happen with unnormalized prices as well... It's also documented: [...]

I'm not sure the documentation is correct or up to date, or is not broker-dependent. I have no trouble placing buy orders at Ask + (Point / 10), leading to a value such as 1.221231 on a 5DP broker. Once I start adding slightly more than 1/10th of Point to the price then I get error 4107, not 129.

Yeah, I can't find a single example where it would give error 129 for an unnormalized price. I was quite sure I have seen it in the past, but perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me (or perhaps I got the idea from the documentation in the first place).

Hmm, I seem to remember someone on the forum getting it for this reason in earlier days. CB
Reason: